when is the amount of previous owners just too many

jim o'hara

2 minutes ago, iborguk said:

totally get the fact the higher duty puts some off, I just factored it into my yearly costs and gave up other things

I sort of just ignored it on the basis that, in the overall scheme of things, it was only another couple of hundred quid or whatever, but I must admit I still feel the pain in the wallet every time I come to pay the tax. Knowing what I know now I would probably try to avoid it in future but that's hindsight for you.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, red rocket said:

I sort of just ignored it on the basis that, in the overall scheme of things, it was only another couple of hundred quid or whatever, but I must admit I still feel the pain in the wallet every time I come to pay the tax. Knowing what I know now I would probably try to avoid it in future but that's hindsight for you.

Yes and in the scheme of things so did I, just used it as an opportunity to balance my thinking re unnecessary spend elsewhere - as you say not exactly a life changing amount in the scheme of things. 

14 hours ago, red rocket said:

Oh another blue touch paper for a bore score discussion. Hang on while I get the 🍿:laugh:

You set 'em up and somebody will be along shortly to knock 'em down! 

just imagining the carnage on Pistonheads with that sort of comment - CMOOSE would have been all over that until the end of days.... :)

seems he's either been kicked from PH or left of his own accord as most posts he was involved in just ended up in arguments

On 11/22/2020 at 8:07 PM, Menoporsche said:

Araf, we don't need this sort hanging around here, he might be a bad influence on everyone else.

Incidentally while we're talking about VED what do they charge you in Portugal? Here in Almeria you pay it to the local town hall. The top rate is about 140 euros a year. Probably explains in part why the girl that works on the checkpout at Lidl comes to work in a 6.3 litra AMG.

Ha!  Or she has a dodgy Russian boyfriend, sorry uncle...

I can't answer that as I'm under a special tax regime.  But for a general answer, if you read Spanish you can read Portuguese:

https://impostosobreveiculos.info/isv/imposto-sobre-veiculos-isv-2019/

So we have ISV, the big lump payment first time a car is registered in Portugal, and IUC, the annual charge.

you can simulate your IUC here: https://impostosobreveiculos.info/iuc/simulador-iuc/ Probably you know all the answers except CO2 emissions, have that ready for your car and you'll be OK.

Just done mine and it tells me I should pay €800 a year...!

On 11/22/2020 at 6:50 PM, JonSta said:

Is this always the case? All the cars I've seen with PSE have a button with a little tailpipe thingy printed on. Does your car have sports chrono? So if you order PSE but no sports chrono you get a tailpipe button but if you have sports chrono the sport button activates the PSE if you ordered it? Then I've seen cars with sports chrono and the tp button. I'm confused about this and many other thing which aren't necessarily Porsche related. 

I have a 2011 gen 2 and it has pse and sport chrono and a sport, sport plus and exhaust button all present and do what you'd expect them to do.

Archived