Just had a remap and also a Sprint Booster fitted the same day!!

Tryinghard64

Hi Gents,

I thought I would share this with you. I bought the Boxster 987 3.4 295 Bhp auto. Love the car but the pull away on the throttle is a bit laggy for me. Went and had a remap to apparently 329Bhp and the Sprint Booster fitted same day.

What was it like......a different car! It flys and feels really responsive. I am not a fast driver anymore but on a dry straight road in the middle of nowhere with no one about at all (I was in the country), it really moved and I had to come right off the pedal. Its great fun to drive and feels and sounds throaty from the off. The remap was £280 the SprintBooster £186, total cost £466. Money really well spent and a totally different driving experience. I set it to sport mode number 9. Thats plenty for me and I would probably turn it down to 4 in traffic to stop me jerking around on an over sensitive accelerator.

Regards

• Like 1

Hi

I had it done locally in Cambridgeshire and I supplied the sprint booster that I bought new from an eBay firm. Whole job took them 5 hours. 
This feels like a totally different car. Turn the auto off and use the buttons on the steering wheel and this thing is pure fun. They fitted a different air filter to assist air flow as well. That cost £20. 

53 minutes ago, Tryinghard64 said:

Hi

I had it done locally in Cambridgeshire and I supplied the sprint booster that I bought new from an eBay firm. Whole job took them 5 hours. 
This feels like a totally different car. Turn the auto off and use the buttons on the steering wheel and this thing is pure fun. They fitted a different air filter to assist air flow as well. That cost £20. 

Get a Merc steering wheel and graft the paddle shifters on, makes it even better to drive.

8 hours ago, Tryinghard64 said:

Hi

@Tryinghard64, as others say sounds very interesting. I live in Cambridgeshire, would you mind sharing details if the company you used?

On 11/4/2020 at 7:21 PM, AdyG said:

@Tryinghard64, as others say sounds very interesting. I live in Cambridgeshire, would you mind sharing details if the company you used?

4Tek

01480 700040

I have used them 6 years ago for another car ad that drove faultlessly, infact I still have it as my daily runner.

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, JonSta said:

It's an electronic box that fits between the throttle and the ecu. Allows you to speed up the throttle action. Some say just push the pedal down harder. Which is free.

And some pay to retrofit Sports Chrono on later models (987 & 981).

Cheers, Baggers.

30 minutes ago, bagss2 said:

And some pay to retrofit Sports Chrono on later models (987 & 981).

Cheers, Baggers.

It’s a valid point but Sports Chrono is a bit more complicated than that. It does increase throttle response but it does adjust the traction control and alters the gear changes on the PDK and probably some other bits I can’t remember 😂

I was advised by the place that remapped mine to fit one of these speed boosters and mine has sports chrono, but I haven’t yet 😂

Isn't that what I have on my Sport mode in Sport Chrono Plus on my 987.1?

I don't have a PDK or PASM to remap so no benefit there.  It switches on PSE but I'd like PSE without the hypersensitive throttle.

Pain in the butt frankly, makes the car more difficult to drive accurately.

Clearly I'm not a driving god like some.

3 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Isn't that what I have on my Sport mode in Sport Chrono Plus on my 987.1?

I don't have a PDK or PASM to remap so no benefit there.  It switches on PSE but I'd like PSE without the hypersensitive throttle.

Pain in the butt frankly, makes the car more difficult to drive accurately.

Clearly I'm not a driving god like some.

In your case yes exactly the same but you can adjust the speed booster to your own liking I.e faster response with less jerkyness.

You can unplug the solenoid to your exhaust in the engine bay to be permanently on. There is a YouTube video showing this very straightforward 👍

On 11/3/2020 at 9:09 PM, Tryinghard64 said:

Hi Gents,

I thought I would share this with you. I bought the Boxster 987 3.4 295 Bhp auto. Love the car but the pull away on the throttle is a bit laggy for me. Went and had a remap to apparently 329Bhp and the Sprint Booster fitted same day.

What was it like......a different car! It flys and feels really responsive. I am not a fast driver anymore but on a dry straight road in the middle of nowhere with no one about at all (I was in the country), it really moved and I had to come right off the pedal. Its great fun to drive and feels and sounds throaty from the off. The remap was £280 the SprintBooster £186, total cost £466. Money really well spent and a totally different driving experience. I set it to sport mode number 9. Thats plenty for me and I would probably turn it down to 4 in traffic to stop me jerking around on an over sensitive accelerator.

Regards

I've got a 987-2 3.4 S PDK. Throttle response is excellent. Anything 'sharper' would make moving off in slow traffic tricky.

32 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

You can unplug the solenoid to your exhaust in the engine bay to be permanently on. There is a YouTube video showing this very straightforward 👍

Thanks for the info, but the wife would hate PSE being permanently on.

...so what's the link to the video?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, JonSta said:

It's an electronic box that fits between the throttle and the ecu. Allows you to speed up the throttle action. Some say just push the pedal down harder. Which is free.

So does the remap lol. If you are remapping car you can adjust the throttle action on the map. 

Mark

6 hours ago, Mark Shead said:

So does the remap lol. If you are remapping car you can adjust the throttle action on the map. 

Mark

I've a feeling many of these re-maps simply fix a fault. On an NA engine. Different thing with a turbo.

6 hours ago, ATM said:

Am I the only one thinking these 2 kids are idiots?

Am I the only one thinking these 2 kids are idiots?

I quite like his shirt.

I quite like his shirt.

Cheers, Baggers.