Roof problem - Cause for concern?

s_pply

The seam on my roof seems to have come out of the black plastic cover. Is there an easy fix to get it back into position? I'm not sure if it's always been like it or if I've only just noticed it but I'm quite worried about it. Any help appreciated!

Screenshot-2020-11-21-at-11-46-52.png

This is how it should look from the other side:

Screenshot-2020-11-21-at-11-46-40.png

I don’t even do that. Get some elastic loop it around on itself on the frame at the back , bring it forward and tie it on to the fabric tab that the elastic is stitched to, couple of mins with the roof in the service position 

2 hours ago, s_pply said:

Cheers guys. Will hopefully get round to doing this soon but good to know it's not a major issue that will cause leaking!

You can get around this and make the roof close properly by stopping the mechanism half way (so the edging strip on the canvas part is just touching the plastic trim) and simply tuck it in behind on both sides, and then fully close the roof.  Not ideal, but at least it means there is no strain on the mechanism, and it seals the roof properly.  I've been doing that ever since I got the car, and it's not ideal but it works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived