Oil leak

Tritonkev

I'd you have a suction pump you can pump a little out via the dipstick. Must admit I've not done it on my 986 but have on an AMG.

51 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

That's quite an amount. Is your electronic gauge working?

Not as a percentage on these engines it isn't.  The Boxer engine takes close to double what you would find in an I4 engine.
Min to Max is around 1 litre so once you get to 7-8 litres you should slow down and only add 500ml at a time after a filter change.

Now found the source of the oil leak it wasn't engine oil it was gearbox oil I thought it smelled like gearbox oil and the reason for this was after changing a rear shock and coffin arm the drive shaft flange must have popped out a bit I've popped it back in now should be sorted however wanted to check oil level in the box but no way can I undo the 10mm Allen bolt on side of box anyone had this problem if so how did you get it out

18 hours ago, Tritonkev said:

Now found the source of the oil leak it wasn't engine oil it was gearbox oil I thought it smelled like gearbox oil and the reason for this was after changing a rear shock and coffin arm the drive shaft flange must have popped out a bit I've popped it back in now should be sorted however wanted to check oil level in the box but no way can I undo the 10mm Allen bolt on side of box anyone had this problem if so how did you get it out

a very big drill is my only suggestion, but not that ive done this myself. Check with someone who knows 

On 12/3/2020 at 3:30 PM, Tritonkev said:

As @deanmr2 says, a breaker bar and crucially a good fitting socket (burr it out and you are into all sorts of pain), also some concentrated heat will make a difference.  Old problem, steel plug in an alloy thread.

Archived