Half, Full, or no cover?

Fish19700

I'm looking to buy a 986 and it will need to live outdoors unfortunately. It will mainly be a dry-use, non daily-driver and I am thinking how best to protect either the roof or whole body when not in use. I have read various threads about covers, ranging from positive to some real horror stories (scratches etc caused by the cover). I'd very much welcome opinions and experience from folk who have used them, any recommendations etc A garage, carport etc is not an option for me, before you ask.

Thanks in advance!

I agree as above with the battery comment, however mine lives out doors and when not in frequent use I use a Cabrio Shield Premium half cover.  Easy to fit and remove, uses piping to trap in door and boot openings and has microfibre lined magnetic edges which hold it in place even in storm force winds with no flapping.  Thoroughly recommended.

I use a full cover but with the following caveats. No issue with paint or roof. 

only when freshly cleaned and dried. 

car is kept polished and waxed. 

remove cover when windy weather is likely

longest it stays on is 2-3 weeks. 

store the cover rolled up and dry (off the floor) 

The blue indoor cover only used in the summer

IMG_20190512_190936

I use the cabrio shield half cover as it keeps the inner trays dry.
Easy to take on/off and store. 
I hardly if ever use the 986 and think you may well have trouble with the battery as it’s always flat when I ever do go to use it. Maybe worth getting some jump leads or car power pack if not using for months on end.

3 hours ago, Boxsum said:

I use the cabrio shield half cover as it keeps the inner trays dry.
Easy to take on/off and store. 
I hardly if ever use the 986 and think you may well have trouble with the battery as it’s always flat when I ever do go to use it. Maybe worth getting some jump leads or car power pack if not using for months on end.

Or at least locate the hidden pull cord.......

On that note is it factual that a jumper battery (if the vehicle battery is indeed dead) only supplies juice via the pull out connector in drivers foot well fusebox to the front boot micro-switch to enable it to open?-meaning that in my thought process you no longer need to leave the vehicle battery within the car if charging in situ is difficult??

Read so much on this subject its mind bending lol

1 hour ago, charlieboy2608 said:

Or at least locate the hidden pull cord.......

On that note is it factual that a jumper battery (if the vehicle battery is indeed dead) only supplies juice via the pull out connector in drivers foot well fusebox to the front boot micro-switch to enable it to open?-meaning that in my thought process you no longer need to leave the vehicle battery within the car if charging in situ is difficult??

Read so much on this subject its mind bending lol

I use a power pack via fuse box. Battery seems to be dead after about 3 months even with new heavy duty battery.

Never tried any other ways.

Archived