Who’s running 15mm & 7mm spacers?

Digidick

To be fair it’s surprising what 5mm front and rear do, for stance and is a Porsche upgrade RS60 for instance, on all the cars I have rebuilt and sold on or worked all end up leaving with 5mm, so much better, imho.

Right!!!

spacers fitted and look great but I’m getting a wobble from the front no matter how hard I try I can’t get rid of it, runs fine with them off. 

The 7mm don’t have a lip for the wheel to sit on like the 15mm rears and as a result the wheel barely has anything to sit on, perhaps I should have gone for 10mm. 

14 hours ago, Digidick said:

Others seem to not have my issue and have used the same ones as me, is there a trick to this?

might have some 7mm spacers for sale soon. 

Are they hub centric?

Never had the issue with mine and i know of other members who have done the same mod.

Purchased the 7mm & 15mm from tech_world_direct on eBay,  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7MM-ALLOY-WHEEL-SPACER-KIT-BOLTS-FOR-PORSCHE-BOXSTER-986-987-981-2A10P37/322569916346?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Make sure both areas that mate with the spacers are clean and flat. Its amazing how a small piece of dirt/rust gets amplified when rotating at speed.

I’ll tackle it again later or tomorrow.

I actually had a very slight wobble anyway (I know I said it’s fine in my previous post but it’s very slight) but these spacers just magnified it massively. Had the fronts Road Force Balanced today and it’s now completely shake free without spacers so let’s see if I can get these to work. 

Actually in theory widening the track very slightly softens the car in roll but slightly increases cornering stability and grip as the contact patch is further from the roll centre.  If you can tell however I'd be impressed as it is minute on a 7mm spacer.... 

OK, they look cool.

1 hour ago, el 3.2S said:

I definitely felt a difference in the way the car cornered after fitting them and, to me, it seemed a positive improvement.

YEs you notice the cornering, it was the roll softening that is more nuanced.  I fitted 996 offset wheels (more like 15 to 18mm spacers) rather than putting spacers when I went up to 18" on my 986, it felt noticeable but that may also be rather better tyres than I had on the rear when on 17" wheels and the fully refreshed suspension.

Archived