25 Years of the Boxster - Special Edition

Southy

On 6/20/2022 at 8:45 PM, spice said:

So , started to have some more spirited drives in the 25 , letting the revs build , and some full throttle bursts , sounds fabulous going through the gears and rev range , but underwhelming and muted on the way down , holding gear through corners and downshifting, all far too muted , no overrun burble in any mode , all together very disappointing, while the RS60 by comparison just feels and drives better , with a fantastic soundtrack at all times , maybe the 25 will sound better as the miles increase but its crying out for a good aftermarket exhaust….

My Lotus Emira should be arriving very soon , late July , so probably late August , It’s a manual first Edition 3.5 , let’s see how that drives and sounds , if it’s a keeper than one of the Boxsters is going and the scales are currently in favour of the 14 year old 987 .

Wow!

Better cancel my Autotrader alerts for the B25, sounds like my 981 is going to be a keeper!

On 6/20/2022 at 8:45 PM, spice said:

... holding gear through corners and downshifting, all far too muted , no overrun burble in any mode ...

That is surprising, maybe they aren't allowing for unburnt gas pops and bangs these days, which I guess is understood even if it's unwelcome (to the petrolheads rather than environmentalists).

I see you're in Kent and have an incoming Emira, would like to hear your impressions of that and if possible take a look at some point, it's a possible future purchase for me...  I'm also in Kent so can pop in, I'll bring a jar of PSE pops and bangs along for you.

you have to take into account you have twice the cats in the 4.0 - just renamed as  a particulate filter or what ever the marketing gurus have named it.  This will muffle more.

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2022 at 8:30 AM, JurassicGTS said:

Beautiful 25 just popped up on A/T at a very competitive price, that's not going to hang around long.

The owner is going to be sad to see that leave his drive.

Anyone on here🤔

Sold in 2 days to a lucky new owner. Hopefully a forum member!