Front Air in takes - Thoughts

bensaunders

Hi,

As I mentioned in a previous topic, I have just bought a 981 2.7 in red... and love it.

However, I'n not convinced by the red slats across the air intakes at the front. I am going to book the car in to have PPF and may ask them to wrap them in black. Anyone got any thoughts on this.. red or black?

IMG_4904 (1)IMG_4904 (2)

I like the red as well, so it looks like a split decision so far... 

Not sure about the split colour on the mirrors though, what's the point of that?  Better all in one colour I reckon - But then again, what do I know, I drive a Cayman :lol:

The black does provide continuity with the side intakes and the lower half wing mirrors. 

The red does look like a bit of an after thought.

What color street the roll bars under the roof?

15 hours ago, daz05 said:

Agree 100%, they are ugly and I have pondered doing away with them altogether and covering with the mesh like I have done here. 

https://youtu.be/2jFXBv7CG98

This time I might try taking them off and applying the mesh in front rather than behind.

I have done the mesh inserts as per daz05 video above and very happy with result. Bit of a fiddle to get mesh behind the bars but I wrapped them in a cloth to save cuts to hands and scratches on car. I have not done the centre vent...........anyone done that? When are we getting next instalment daz05? 

3 hours ago, Afrikaner said:

I have done the mesh inserts as per daz05 video above and very happy with result. Bit of a fiddle to get mesh behind the bars but I wrapped them in a cloth to save cuts to hands and scratches on car. I have not done the centre vent...........anyone done that? When are we getting next instalment daz05? 

Rather soon..... I have 2 enhancement projects ongoing which I am very eager to share, one of them has me acting like a kid at Christmas :)  I am 75% through that video and about 25% through the other. Family life and my day job take me away from it, so I do these as a hobby when I have spare capacity and i'm not out actually driving the thing!

Appreciate the support :)

On 3/18/2021 at 1:08 PM, daz05 said:

Rather soon..... I have 2 enhancement projects ongoing which I am very eager to share, one of them has me acting like a kid at Christmas :)  I am 75% through that video and about 25% through the other. Family life and my day job take me away from it, so I do these as a hobby when I have spare capacity and i'm not out actually driving the thing!

Looking forward to them. I understand you are busy with family and day job. I am retired and too much time on my hands and would not know where to start with the videos!

On 3/18/2021 at 1:08 PM, daz05 said:

Your videos are nicely made. You're using a drone and GoPros. What editing software do you work with?

22 hours ago, McDonald said:

Your videos are nicely made. You're using a drone and GoPros. What editing software do you work with?

Cheers I'm using something called hitfilm but I could do with upgrading it to be honest. Stay tuned be another one this week 👍

26 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Cheers I'm using something called hitfilm but I could do with upgrading it to be honest. Stay tuned be another one this week 👍

It might be worth your while looking at Premiere Pro or better still, Avid. Just a suggestion. Editing can be laborious, especially if the software is cumbersome. I'm looking forward to your upcoming films, you work well in vision.

Black! you boxster guys are lucky with the strip DRL's , Ive got a cayman with the hideous round DRL's that look so 90's , wish I had a boxster front bumper or a cayman GTS front bumper, by the way I painted my grilles satin black which do look better than the body colour ,but I still hate the round lights !

2 hours ago, McDonald said:

It might be worth your while looking at Premiere Pro or better still, Avid. Just a suggestion. Editing can be laborious, especially if the software is cumbersome. I'm looking forward to your upcoming films, you work well in vision.

Thanks I'll look into it, the editing side is definitely taking too long and I find it challenging to add effects so an improvement in that area would be great.

Archived