Yellow fluid under o/s r wheel area

Kev73

As above ,found yellow fluid on the garage floor (no its not p1ss)  inboard of the o/sr wheel, its not brake fluid as I first thought , no leaks form calliper and  pipes etc but it does look like b/fluid but , its not coolant either , no PDK oil leaks either, the only water drips I can see are from the exhaust joint from the cat to the back box pipe but that's dirty water , theres evidence of the fluid has dried on the floor and its dried to a fine gritty texture a bit like antifreeze does but as i said its not coolant , just removed the wheel but cant see anything at all dripping of any signs of a fluid leak , its a bit annoying ,maybe it is that exhaust joint, I dunno

1 minute ago, Kev73 said:

As above ,found yellow fluid on the garage floor (no its not p1ss)  inboard of the o/sr wheel, its not brake fluid as I first thought , no leaks form calliper and  pipes etc but it does look like b/fluid but , its not coolant either , no PDK oil leaks either, the only water drips I can see are from the exhaust joint from the cat to the back box pipe but that's dirty water , theres evidence of the fluid has dried on the floor and its dried to a fine gritty texture a bit like antifreeze does but as i said its not coolant , just removed the wheel but cant see anything at all dripping of any signs of a fluid leak , its a bit annoying ,maybe it is that exhaust joint, I dunno

Power steering fluid ? 

I had the same thing several weeks ago, but didn't expect it to be anything to do with the engine, because that's at the front right? Doh!

Anyway I put it down to filling my Bilt Hamber snow foam bottle and spilling a bit. right or wrong it has not happened since.

5 hours ago, Kev73 said:

You checked the inner caliper nipple as well as the one you can see from the outside mate? 

1 minute ago, daz05 said:

You checked the inner caliper nipple as well as the one you can see from the outside mate? 

I have indeed, had the wheel off too

2 hours ago, Greenman said:

Maybe you daughter/son spilled some lucozade/lilt/OJ on the floor when your car wasn’t in there?

Bit of a long shot that one as I havnt got kids!☺️

1 hour ago, Desiro said:

I had the same thing several weeks ago, but didn't expect it to be anything to do with the engine, because that's at the front right? Doh!

Anyway I put it down to filling my Bilt Hamber snow foam bottle and spilling a bit. right or wrong it has not happened since.

Thats it , it could well be neat snowfoam from a few weeks ago, a funny coincedence its exacty where the rear wheel sits in the garage, obviously spilt prior to a wash whilst the car was out of the garage on the drive, thats gotta be it .Mixed with dripping exhaust water ,  cheers!

I'm new to the porsche world and not familiar with what colour fliuds pdk etc use so I thought it was something sinister  at first, thanks 

Well solved @Kev73 - I had some weird yellow fluid like that once. I’d used the Mrs yellow nail varnish to mark caliper bolts - so I could tell when I’d moved them 90 degrees - rain had washed it off - took me weeks to figure it out 😂

1 hour ago, Kev73 said:

Thats it , it could well be neat snowfoam from a few weeks ago, a funny coincedence its exacty where the rear wheel sits in the garage, obviously spilt prior to a wash whilst the car was out of the garage on the drive, thats gotta be it .Mixed with dripping exhaust water ,  cheers!

I'm new to the porsche world and not familiar with what colour fliuds pdk etc use so I thought it was something sinister  at first, thanks 

Glad it was an easy fix for you 😀

Archived