Double beeping on unlock

thefunkygibbon

3 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

It is a single beep if there is something open like the console, doors or bonnet or boot.

Ahh yes my bad... single beep! My head is mush... :D 

Just now, fizz said:

That says passenger right so based on LHD car but is still correct for driver right as well checking the whole parts listing for door modules.  They are actually VAG modules (Audi TT Mk1 I believe is the history) so do a search by part number for best options, but go for an original Porsche of VAG branded one.

6 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

That says passenger right so based on LHD car but is still correct for driver right as well checking the whole parts listing for door modules.  They are actually VAG modules (Audi TT Mk1 I believe is the history) so do a search by part number for best options, but go for an original Porsche of VAG branded one.

Yeah going by the bit of quick googling, the 996/986 shares the same part for the door lock as the mk1 TT. I have noticed way more right hand side parts than left though! 

Will be sure to get a branded one but im really not looking forward to taking apart all my lovely door lining foam as i just recently freshly stuck it into place! :( 

52 minutes ago, fizz said:

Yeah going by the bit of quick googling, the 996/986 shares the same part for the door lock as the mk1 TT. I have noticed way more right hand side parts than left though! 

Will be sure to get a branded one but im really not looking forward to taking apart all my lovely door lining foam as i just recently freshly stuck it into place! :( 

A careful approach and butyl tape are your friends.  Recently change the complete looms in both my doors as part of adding the door speakers so feel you pain!

I seem to recall there are two different door locks in use one with an eight pin and the other with nine pin. I think it depends on age as to which is relevant to your car earlier cars having the earlier part. They share parts with golf mk4 and mk5 the latter being the nine pin version. 

My car was the eight pin being a 1999 I don't think there's a clear cut off date probably simply  switched over when they ran out in the factory. 

Edited by mike597

19 minutes ago, mike597 said:

I seem to recall there are two different door locks in use one with an eight pin and the other with nine pin. I think it depends on age as to which is relevant to your car earlier cars having the earlier part. They share parts with golf mk4 and mk5 the latter being the nine pin version. 

My car was the eight pin being a 1999 I don't think there's a clear cut off date probably simply  switched over when they ran out in the factory. 

Yeah the later ones are with the 9 pin which is what my car will need and thats the same as the mk1 TT's. The advice is to take your part out of the car and then make sure you buy the right one after inspection. 

3 minutes ago, fizz said:

Yeah the later ones are with the 9 pin which is what my car will need and thats the same as the mk1 TT's. The advice is to take your part out of the car and then make sure you buy the right one after inspection. 

Yes I'd agree with that advice or you could buy both and return the unused one I suppose if it's time critical. I've done this change myself twice and it's very easy to do, took an hour the second time around. 

4 hours ago, mike597 said:

I gave the part number listing earlier in the topic...  I am intrigued at yours being an 8 pin in a '99 car though as that contradicts the parts cat which is unusual.

• 4 weeks later...

Just ordered the following part.

SzxgjVK.jpeg

Fingers crossed should do the trick. As my window regulator has gone as well I thought I may as well get this done at the same time from the same seller.

1 hour ago, fizz said:

Just ordered the following part.

SzxgjVK.jpeg

Fingers crossed should do the trick. As my window regulator has gone as well I thought I may as well get this done at the same time from the same seller.

Maybe too late but he'll usually merge the postage costs if you haven't already asked.

35 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Maybe too late but he'll usually merge the postage costs if you haven't already asked.

Just dropped him a message now. Will see what comes back. 👍

52 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

£6 refunded. Good shout mate. 👌

• Like 1

Right, I really must get onto my double beeping. It is getting embarrassing. Every time I pull up anywhere and open the drivers door it double beeps.

Without reading back through the thread, can someone advise me what the first move is and where to go from there.

12 minutes ago, phazed said:

Right, I really must get onto my double beeping. It is getting embarrassing. Every time I pull up anywhere and open the drivers door it double beeps.

Without reading back through the thread, can someone advise me what the first move is and where to go from there.

Read codes. 

10 minutes ago, phazed said:

IF anyone on here has a double beep OR a single beep BUT the car is definitely locked and it is purely just the sound that is the problem, DM me and I will let you know how to stop it.

The reason I say to DM is that the double beep is a security/alarm fault and I do not want to disclose such information openly. 

• Like 3

A big thanks to Paul, Trooper88 for his help. My alarm and locking system seem to be working perfectly, just plagued by the double beep from the horn every time the doors unlock and open. Now solved! 👍

• Like 2