Low Mileage 986 - What’s it Worth?

2001pt

Low Mileage 986 - What’s it Worth?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What do you reckon this will sell for?

• Under £10,000
    • £10,000-£14,999
    • £15,000-£19,999
    • £20,000-£24,999
    • £25,000-£29,999
    • £30,000 +

8 hours ago, mike597 said:

To me, if it was in the launch colours then it would a different matter and I could see 30k or at least the thick end of 20s but its a so-so spec in a so-so colour combination and imo not really that collectable.

That's pretty much where my head's at. A launch type spec or a more stand out colour would certainly make it look nicer in the garage and grab attention more readily. Safe daily type spec coupled with patchy history really dents the collectability. 

To me, if it was in the launch colours then it would a different matter and I could see 30k or at least the thick end of 20s but its a so-so spec in a so-so colour combination and imo not really that collectable.

That's pretty much where my head's at. A launch type spec or a more stand out colour would certainly make it look nicer in the garage and grab attention more readily. Safe daily type spec coupled with patchy history really dents the collectability. 

25 minutes ago, edc said:

24 minutes ago, edc said:

24 minutes ago, edc said:

Now are you absolutely sure that's where your head is at? Just checking 🤣

• Haha 3

This makes the Boxster owner looks like a complete amateur - it’s never even been taken out of the box! 😳

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2016-honda-rc213v-s

difference is that this is a proper collectors item and rare. 
bargain hunt always say to keep your toys in their original boxes for most value! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattman42 said:

This makes the Boxster owner looks like a complete amateur - it’s never even been taken out of the box! 😳

bargain hunt always say to keep your toys in their original boxes for most value! 

Wow! I have no idea of it’s worth but that’s serious money. It’s only 5yrs old, imagine what it will be worth in 15/20yrs time! Assuming we’re not banned for owning any ICE vehicles by then!!

2 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

Cheap for a work of art. Just mount it on the wall beautiful 🤩 

1 minute ago, jason3.2s said:

Looks like theres 2 bidders who really want it.

I was going to bid but tbh, I am not sure what I would do with it.

It is not one that I could flip due to the market exposure; I would have to sit on it for at least a year.

I am also put of by the fact that I am not dealing with the original owner but a ' collector who has not put it in their name...' 

23 hours ago, TROOPER88 said:

Jason, Christopher and Dunks out already

Being a Boxster site, I am surprised that all you guys that have said sub 20k do not know the value of it to be totally honest 🤣

Think you’ll find that current and previous owners are more realistic in actual value rather than getting caught up in the hype of a low mileage, poorly maintained car 😜

On 6/26/2021 at 1:12 PM, 2001pt said:

Wow! I have no idea of it’s worth but that’s serious money. It’s only 5yrs old, imagine what it will be worth in 15/20yrs time! Assuming we’re not banned for owning any ICE vehicles by then!!

IF you never take it out of the box would a ban on ICE vehicles matter :)

19 minutes ago, EXY said:

IF you never take it out of the box would a ban on ICE vehicles matter :)

Very true 🤣 Who knows where we’ll be in that timeframe with collectors / speculators / legislation etc!

The switch over to milk floats will probably take 20 years plus from 2030. I think 2050 is when Johnson has committed the UK to be carbon neutral. I would imagine in reality it will take longer as they’ll be bullshyate carbon off setting. Meanwhile the other 99% of the globe will carry on with ICE as normal. 

1 hour ago, jason3.2s said:

Anyone on here buy the 981 PDK number plate last week off that website?

Seems very good value for £1,050!

The less ‘special’ number plates don’t do very well on there, no doubt caused by their £300 minimum fee

So in reality that plate cost £1,350 so not sure that’s good value. Maybe that’s because I drive a 987 though 🤣🤣