Viewing this Red 2.5 manual tomorrow, anyone know it?

Freddie

7 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

@Freddie - another guards red one, higher price but lower miles

https://www.gumtree.com/p/porsche/porsche-boxter-2001-/1403099863

Thanks bud, I did see this ad and although low miles the paint looks very orange on the bonnet, to me, could just be the photo but hard to tell without being in front of it. Might give him a ring

Minefield car hunting innit!

28 minutes ago, Freddie said:

Thanks bud, I did see this ad and although low miles the paint looks very orange on the bonnet, to me, could just be the photo but hard to tell without being in front of it. Might give him a ring

Minefield car hunting innit!

I think that looks really tidy, well worth jumping on quick, the bonnet looks fine on my laptop. This one is the most optimistic pricing I have ever seen on the other hand.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/porsche/lovely-porsche-boxster-very-original-lhd-uk-plates-fsh-auto-tiptronic-e-hood/1401731936

For those who can't be arsed looking, its a LHD 2.5 tip with 112k miles and they are looking for £11950.. GLWTS

27 minutes ago, Terryg said:

I think that looks really tidy, well worth jumping on quick, the bonnet looks fine on my laptop. This one is the most optimistic pricing I have ever seen on the other hand.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/porsche/lovely-porsche-boxster-very-original-lhd-uk-plates-fsh-auto-tiptronic-e-hood/1401731936

For those who can't be arsed looking, its a LHD 2.5 tip with 112k miles and they are looking for £11950.. GLWTS

Not wishing to derail the thread but the LHD factor affects Boxster values very much. Compared to Spanish prices that one looks about right. I would hope to get at least that for my LHD 2000S even though I paid less that 50% of that 7 years ago due to seller offloading it in UK at RHD prices. 
Link to some LHD models for sale:

https://www.coches.net/segunda-mano/?MakeId=34&MaxYear=2001&MinYear=1999&ModelId=290

The UK appears to have the cheapest Boxsters in Europe. So any LHD seller should know they can slap on the Europe premium and sell to a mainlander for a lot more than an islander would be willing to pay. Ignore it, it's not priced for you lot!

To you, my car is worth about 14k.  Here I can probably get double that.

I hadn't consider someone from outside the UK buying it even though I saw the nature of the seller. However surely the importation, customs and VAT costs will make that too expensive anyway?

1 minute ago, Terryg said:

I hadn't consider someone from outside the UK buying it even though I saw the nature of the seller. However surely the importation, customs and VAT costs will make that too expensive anyway?

Do not know how things are now post Brexit but all costs associated with getting my Boxster to Malaga from Hampshire in 2014 (petrol, ferry, 1st “MOT”, Spanish plates taxes and a chap to do all paperwork etc) was about £1000 all in. 

15 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

@Freddie - another guards red one, higher price but lower miles

https://www.gumtree.com/p/porsche/porsche-boxter-2001-/1403099863

Spoke to the guy and confirmed that the wings are faded, also hasn't had to spend much on it over the years ... 🤦‍♂️ 🚶‍♂️

@Freddie - how about this one? Price creep is acceptable when using man maths… 😂 but there aren’t many red ones around.

the dials are a bit red for me personally

https://www.cargurus.co.uk/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d3715&zip=RG22+5LS#listing=146548755

1 minute ago, Mattman42 said:

@Freddie - how about this one? Price creep is acceptable when using man maths… 😂 but there aren’t many red ones around.

the dials are a bit red for me personally

https://www.cargurus.co.uk/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d3715&zip=RG22+5LS#listing=146548755

Thanks mate, I have spoken to them last week, it was on for 6750 then, now gone up to 7295! Nice car, strong money mind. Yep, dials are full on! My eyes would suffer! :0)

3 hours ago, el 3.2S said:

Do not know how things are now post Brexit but all costs associated with getting my Boxster to Malaga from Hampshire in 2014 (petrol, ferry, 1st “MOT”, Spanish plates taxes and a chap to do all paperwork etc) was about £1000 all in. 

I couldn't possibly comment🙄

On closer inspection of photos of the original car I posted about (haven't been able to see the car yet) it looks like it's been painted and possibly not very well - odd because it's supposedly been garaged most of its life so why would it need painting unless it's been tw@tted? This puts me off, unless I can get it for a lot less but seller seemed adamant about his price. So, probably gonna save up a bit more and get a better example, the continuing search continues to continue... Will update at some point!

Cheer though all for input and insights :)

1 minute ago, Freddie said:

On closer inspection of photos of the original car I posted about (haven't been able to see the car yet) it looks like it's been painted and possibly not very well - odd because it's supposedly been garaged most of its life so why would it need painting unless it's been tw@tted? This puts me off, unless I can get it for a lot less but seller seemed adamant about his price. So, probably gonna save up a bit more and get a better example, the continuing search continues to continue... Will update at some point!

Cheer though all for input and insights :)

Painting the bumper of boxsters is a bit like a suspension refresh - it's not if its when - they pick up stone chips - and vans have. habit of not seeing them and "touching" them when reversing - it's possible that a previous owner has decided to get it fixed and has not chosen well - totally get that if it looks bad then its a negative thing - and would make me walk, but the fact that its been painted might be nothing to worry about.

3 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Painting the bumper of boxsters is a bit like a suspension refresh - it's not if its when - they pick up stone chips - and vans have. habit of not seeing them and "touching" them when reversing - it's possible that a previous owner has decided to get it fixed and has not chosen well - totally get that if it looks bad then its a negative thing - and would make me walk, but the fact that its been painted might be nothing to worry about.

Yep you could be right, I have seen the same on all my P cars, front bumper always been painted, but there's other areas which make me think it may have been done all over. May still go and see it next week, seller is away at the moment, am still undecided...

On 7/1/2021 at 2:26 PM, Freddie said:

Thanks mate, I have spoken to them last week, it was on for 6750 then, now gone up to 7295! Nice car, strong money mind. Yep, dials are full on! My eyes would suffer! :0)

@Freddie - this one has just been posted on FB marketplace for £7k so looks like he chanced his arm and didn't get his higher price

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattman42 said:

@Freddie - this one has just been posted on FB marketplace for £7k so looks like he chanced his arm and didn't get his higher price

Thanks for the heads up mate, something else is on the radar at the moment which I’ll know more about at the weekend. If it’s not right then I’ll hold out for the Red S once my 928 goes - listing that on C&C next week hopefully.

• Like 1