I'm back baby!!

Daboy3000

50 minutes ago, Daboy3000 said:

Yeah, December. Is that a good thing? 

No IMS or bore scoring issues with the 2.5 if I remember correctly? 

You are correct on both counts, ask @the baron 210k miles and counting on an early 2.5.  Only just changed the clutch for the first time!!!

13 hours ago, Daboy3000 said:

Could an admin point me in the direction of my build thread from 10 years ago? For some reason I can't search for my old threads.

Tried quickly and I can’t either, but my attempt was cursory. Apparently you have 400 posts but I can only see these and one more. Tried going to your profile top right and Activity: Content I Started?

If not, the site has been reshuffled a few times. @Araf any idea?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JazH said:

Turn it into a race car instead. 😊

Nah, I'm told old for that game, I'm going to get it back to as original as possible. 

Then it's going to sit next to my mk1 TT looking sexy until my children inherit them. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy it as much as possible. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Daboy3000 said:

Nah, I'm told old for that game, I'm going to get it back to as original as possible. 

Then it's going to sit next to my mk1 TT looking sexy until my children inherit them. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy it as much as possible. 

But not going as far as putting a vinyl rear window hood on it I guess...

7 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

But not going as far as putting a vinyl rear window hood on it I guess...

I guess it depends on how well the roof holds up and if I need to source a replacement that happens to have a plastic one. Although I won't miss doing the chop. 

10 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Tried quickly and I can’t either, but my attempt was cursory. Apparently you have 400 posts but I can only see these and one more. Tried going to your profile top right and Activity: Content I Started?

If not, the site has been reshuffled a few times. @Araf any idea?

Now archived so I can't see that new posts can be added and I can't un-archive it.

If you tell me where your build thread was, I'll see what I can find.  It's not in 'my ride' :detetive: 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Daboy3000 said:

@Araf Thanks for looking, I could only find the same ones, odd.  Nevermind.

My shed has arrived!  Cleans up alright but will need a full respray one day.

51401122975_6793946b5b_c.jpg

looks really good in the pics, TT looks nice as well - is it a 225? - shame about the carbuncle sat next to it thought :P

Edited by Mattman42

6 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

looks really good in the pics, TT looks nice as well - is it a 225? - shame about the carbuncle sat next to it thought :P

Nah, all the 225s have been thrashed to death, everyone just wants a BAM engine.  It's a 180bhp, front wheel drive.  Nice and light and lots of fun, can be mapped to 210bhp. 80k, 2 owners.  Loads of history, the complete opposite to the 986.

Hey, leave my i3 alone.  It's bloody great, such a riot to drive and so relaxing too.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Daboy3000 said:

@Araf Thanks for looking, I could only find the same ones, odd.  Nevermind.

My shed has arrived!  Cleans up alright but will need a full respray one day.

51401122975_6793946b5b_c.jpg

Your not kidding the paint works looks excellent, in the photos at least

Don't sweat that paint work, lost of other areas to spend money on first.  I recommend all new suspension arms and top mounts, if not shocks as well.  Transformed my 2000 3.2 S.