Porsche Classic Badge - Free and quite cool

Rav

3 minutes ago, the baron said:

Looks great, while he bumper is off I would put some black mesh behind he grills to stop the leaves etc building up by he rads

I was thinking about doing that, did the same on my last 986 and 996 but this isn't my daily and is going to get very little use so not sure it's worth the effort.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 7:20 PM, Photogirl said:

Still waiting on mine, it's been a number of weeks now and I've tried chasing it. I'll give it another week and try again. Pretty bad service, but that's been my experience at OPCs.  Emailed my OPC a week ago about it and was told they would chase the badge and plate surround, but the paperwork wasn't something they could help with (as that's administered by Porsche Cars GB). 

I’ve given up waiting to be honest, it’s been over 3mths, numerous phone and email chasing.

At the Nec classic car show I popped onto the Porsche stand and spoke to the classic guys, they apologised and gave me a goody bag with the enamel badge and book etc and said they would chase on my behalf.

I’ve now got 3 classic Porsches, 924, 986, and a 996 but can’t be bothered to register the other two due to their lack of administrative efforts

That's awful service, but unfortunately what I've come to expect from Porsche over the years. They have always seemed to have a measure of contempt for owners of older models. I don't think other sports car marques are as bad, in that regard. 

11 hours ago, Photogirl said:

That's awful service, but unfortunately what I've come to expect from Porsche over the years. They have always seemed to have a measure of contempt for owners of older models. I don't think other sports car marques are as bad, in that regard. 

I get the opposite experience from service and parts departments at Silverstone Porsche, they seem to welcome an enthusiast owner and understand that budget or at least cost vs vehicle value is important.  Parts manager in particular seems to be a 986/996 enthusiast which helps I'm sure.

Good to know you've had a better experience, but I suspect that is the exception rather than the norm. 

I've had several disappointing encounters with them and I can't say it's changed over the years, even trying to get them to bring out a classic register form felt like an imposition. 

I'm surprised they don't have credit card swipers outside the loos. 

• 4 weeks later...

I signed up in early October via Mid Sussex Porsche. Chased them again a couple of weeks ago by email but got no reply. A few days ago I received a copy of the Porsche magazine, but nothing else so far.  

I tried popping in a while back but that didn't achieve anything - the girls on the front desk said they didn't know anything about it but with a lot of prodding they did eventually find the form you can fill in (however that isn't a requirement since you can be set up over the phone, which I'd already done).