Porsche Classic Badge - Free and quite cool

Rav

Did anyone else receive a mail offering them a free grill badge? There are three colour and can be obtained from the OPC you signed up to the Classic membership at. 

I love a good freebee. I wonder where I can fit this to my car?

2 hours ago, Rav said:

Did anyone else receive a mail offering them a free grill badge? There are three colour and can be obtained from the OPC you signed up to the Classic membership at. 

I love a good freebee. I wonder where I can fit this to my car?

Yep, I got one.  I did like the way they use 3 historic Le Mans liveries as inspirations without going to the obvious alcohol and tobacco related ones.

42 minutes ago, edc said:

Not much of a grille on a Boxster. Plenty of space on a new BMW though 😂

Yep, not much of a grille on a 986...  Might collect mine just as a piece of memorabilia though.

6 minutes ago, SuperPaulie said:

Are we saying this isn't legit Porsche?

The links looked suspect when I hovered over them and clicking one it was blocked as a dangerous site by my anti virus.  I have contacted Porsche Cars GB to alert them to this and the possibility of a data breach.

I collected my badge from OPC Swindon today. Tim Jackson in parts is the man you need to speak to. 

I opted for the purple and green coloured badge. Well made and robust. Although, i cant find where to place it on my car. I was thinking that one of the front grills will house this nicely, but will have to make up a plate to attach it.

What is this talk about data breach?

6 hours ago, Rav said:

I'd had the email in the week but only got to check it properly this weekend.  Hovering on the links with my mouse pointer did not show a Porsche web address, so knowing I have good AV and web protection I clicked and it flagged a dangerous site.  you tell me, it looked for all the world like a phishing email with no genuine Porsche links so I reported it under the suspicion of a data breach.  Being a weekend I've not had a reply yet as you might expect.  If my concern was mis-placed that's fine, and to be fair it would ahve been a lot of work for a crook to put in for a fairly small phishing exercise.

On 8/28/2021 at 4:28 PM, Rav said:

I collected my badge from OPC Swindon today. Tim Jackson in parts is the man you need to speak to. 

I opted for the purple and green coloured badge. Well made and robust. Although, i cant find where to place it on my car. I was thinking that one of the front grills will house this nicely, but will have to make up a plate to attach it.

Collected mine on Tuesday, the daughter picked the green badge too. 

I saw a couple of people have attached them to the carpeted part of the passenger door or the bulkhead between the seats. 

I’m thinking mine can live on the garage wall for now. 

2 minutes ago, thel33ter said:

Two cars registered, so OPC Solihull is sending me the red and green ones! 

Mine is registered with OPC Solihull. Did you get an email or letter through the post for the badges? I've not received anything yet.

1 hour ago, Bferry70 said:

Mine is registered with OPC Solihull. Did you get an email or letter through the post for the badges? I've not received anything yet.

I sent an email out directly to their standard contact us address. Had a very friendly response saying asking which I wanted and saying they'll get them in the post asap. 

18 minutes ago, thel33ter said:

I sent an email out directly to their standard contact us address. Had a very friendly response saying asking which I wanted and saying they'll get them in the post asap. 

Thanks👍. I've just emailed Porsche Solihull direct (as you did).

• 1 month later...

I phoned my local OPC two days ago and was put through to the service centre - the person I then spoke to took various details and said I would receive something in the post in 3 weeks. I was also told I'd need to visit them in person to sign a form, so I'll do that when I can. 

They said they had no record of my car, despite it being serviced with them by the previous owner.