Full red extended leather including steering wheel.

JurassicBGTS

I am tempted to view a very nice high specced S in GT silver.

It does have a full red leather package including the steering wheel. Whilst the red may lighten up the interior, I am not sure how it looks in real life rather than photos and if I could live with it.

I did have Coral red seats in my BMW and my F-Type also has red seats but not the full Monte and do quite like this over full black.

Would full red interior be a very hard sell on?

Does anyone on here have it in their car and can give an opinion is it really marmite?

Thanks

dont have one - but those that I have seen in the flesh are "too much" for me - I can live with red seats red lower dash - but carpets and dashtop are too much - and the steering wheel hurts my eyes.....

So purely as a "imaginary" punter - yes - full red interior would probably put me off the car...

But I am just one opinion...........

I went to view a full red interior (exterior white) to see if I could live with it.  I tend to like things a little different and thought I could live with it... on viewing, I couldn’t, it was just too garish for me.  

car sold shortly after so in current market conditions (how long will they last?!) I don’t think selling on would be too much of a problem. 

1 hour ago, JurassicGTS said:

It does have a full red leather package including the steering wheel. Whilst the red may lighten up the interior, I am not sure how it looks in real life rather than photos and if I could live with it.

I did have Coral red seats in my BMW and my F-Type also has red seats but not the full Monte and do quite like this over full black.

Does anyone on here have it in their car and can give an opinion is it really marmite?

Thanks

@Stuart21UK does, I’ve always liked the look in his one 🏁

Check out Porsche Perth (Scotland) they have 981 GTS white with full red interior. I had a look when my 2106 981 S was in for MOT. Too much red! Even sales guy who know well said we will have trouble shifting this one even the present lack of late 981s ! Personal taste.........................

By definition, colours are a very personal thing. There are lots of exterior colours I couldn’t live with that others love.

I had an RS60 in silver with full red interior and I thought it was fabulous. I knew others were less impressed but who cares - it was my car not theirs!

Regarding re-sale, I guess it might take a little longer but there are plenty out there who would happily take it off your hands when the time is right.

The only answer is to view it yourself and make the decision based on how you feel, not on my opinion or anyone else’s.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JurassicGTS said:

Thanks

I love mine, the red interior is a way to get bling without the exterior having to be a bold colour, I decided on red with silver outer as less in your face than Guards red and black interior (for when I pull up at clients houses).

Honestly I saw an RS60 a few years before I spec'd mine and loved it, was worried about living with it as a daily but have zero regrets......

resale? who cars about the next buyer...no different to having a bold exterior colour come resale...some will over it and some not, I would not expect any issues sale time

All that said I think a fully red steering wheel would be too much, mine has the GT wheel as per below....the cheapest option on the car from new (more to retrofit of course)

2021_06_12-graffiti-wall-27.jpg

more pics here

https://stuart-brown.photography/981-waiting-in-anticipation-running-report0

2 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

@Stuart21UK does, I’ve always liked the look in his one 🏁

thanks chap :) 

Edited by Stuart21UK
  • Like 1

Thanks, especially to @Stuart21UK

Interior photo from the ad below.

I am very undecided. As it is, it's too much for me or is it the lighting, it seems much gaudier than Stuart's. Maybe black floor mats would soften the look, but for me it's the steering wheel. How easy is this to remove and recover? I wonder what it would then look like?

4ec9ec4937ed42d4b2f58c45dad7aac3.jpg

Personally for me that’s too much red, black mats and a recovered steering wheel would break it up but you’d need a replacement black airbag too and they’re not cheap. Budget about £150-£200 to recover the steering wheel, I paid about £140 I think to have a Honda S2000 wheel recovered about nine years ago.  

Steering wheel is straight forward to remove.   There are a few companies around who will retrim it.  Royale are the ones that come up on here often. 

However.  The airbag is red.  A new one of those is likely to be a 1k ish. Don’t think there is much you can do to recolour it but others may have experience with it.  

I have the same spec car GT Silver with the red interior. I was of the same opinion as yourself, could I live with res interior, as to looked really bright in the photos. On viewing the car I purchased it as in the flesh it is not that bad to live with.

Hmmm! Black steering wheel with red centre airbag would not work.

I will see if I can get some photos off the seller it may look better than the Autotrader ones.

It's a one owner car, low miles full OPC service history and with full spec and I really like the GT Silver with contrasting red hood combination 😍.

17 hours ago, JurassicGTS said:

I prefer my black interior, but I don't think the full red option would put me off.  It looks awesome in either colour IMHO.  Sorry, that's probably not a great help :lol:

19 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I prefer my black interior, but I don't think the full red option would put me off.  It looks awesome in either colour IMHO.  Sorry, that's probably not a great help :lol:

Great help thanks🤣🤣

Exterior looks so classy

c65778c2f1b74157bfee26678e24de4f.jpg

Edited by JurassicGTS

5 hours ago, JurassicGTS said:

I am very undecided. As it is, it's too much for me or is it the lighting, it seems much gaudier than Stuart's. Maybe black floor mats would soften the look, but for me it's the steering wheel. How easy is this to remove and recover? I wonder what it would then look like?

That looks like a tarts handbag,,,,where did you say it was for sale again :whistle:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Afrikaner said:

Check out Porsche Perth (Scotland) they have 981 GTS white with full red interior. I had a look when my 2106 981 S was in for MOT. Too much red! Even sales guy who know well said we will have trouble shifting this one even the present lack of late 981s ! Personal taste.........................

Buy a Porsche Boxster GTS used at the Porsche Centre Perth

8 hours ago, JurassicGTS said:

its the lighting, the colour is Carrera Red like mine, it has the GT steering like mine too

wheel looks shiny that accentuates it, it just needs a clean

go see it in/another one in the flesh?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

I love mine, the red interior is a way to get bling without the exterior having to be a bold colour, I decided on red with silver outer as less in your face than Guards red and black interior (for when I pull up at clients houses).

Honestly I saw an RS60 a few years before I spec'd mine and loved it, was worried about living with it as a daily but have zero regrets......

resale? who cars about the next buyer...no different to having a bold exterior colour come resale...some will over it and some not, I would not expect any issues sale time

All that said I think a fully red steering wheel would be too much, mine has the GT wheel as per below....the cheapest option on the car from new (more to retrofit of course)

2021_06_12-graffiti-wall-27.jpg

more pics here

https://stuart-brown.photography/981-waiting-in-anticipation-running-report0

thanks chap :) 

Most people don't photograph it properly but here in this shade I think it looks great especially against silver.  Black wheel would tone it done further too.

9 hours ago, JurassicGTS said:

Hmmm! Black steering wheel with red centre airbag would not work.

I will see if I can get some photos off the seller it may look better than the Autotrader ones.

It's a one owner car, low miles full OPC service history and with full spec and I really like the GT Silver with contrasting red hood combination 😍.

tada!

dont ask me to do the carpets too!

tTNHQqX.jpg

Ie4uPtZ.jpg

9gDnLv0.jpg