US recall

daz05

Also got the recall notice via letter from Porsche GB for my 2014. Parts to be delivered w/c 01/11/21. Need to notify my OPC that recall letter has been received.

Car now booked in for 23rd November - need for a couple of days apparently although letter says work will take around 6 hours. No courtesy car offered, option for them to pick up or customer to drop off.

Edited by Ringer250

When people have been saying that they have got the recall notice, is that being contacted by an OPC to say their car is affected? Or that upon entering the VIN on the Porsche recall checker, it comes back listing this rear axle carrier side section campaign?

Just entered the VIN for my Oct 2012 registered 981S and it comes back with that campaign so, should I expect contact from an OPC now?

27 minutes ago, smartin said:

When people have been saying that they have got the recall notice, is that being contacted by an OPC to say their car is affected? Or that upon entering the VIN on the Porsche recall checker, it comes back listing this rear axle carrier side section campaign?

Just entered the VIN for my Oct 2012 registered 981S and it comes back with that campaign so, should I expect contact from an OPC now?

You should receive a letter from Porsche GB showing the details of the recall campaign. They ask you to contact your OPC to confirm receipt of the letter and then OPC will confirm your details and book the car in for the parts to be replaced.

Edited by Ringer250
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Paul P said:

There is also a "recall checker" on the the GOV MOT checker site - don't know if anything is shown up there for anyone with a 981 

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

That comes back with :

"We don't hold information about manufacturer's safety recalls for PORSCHE BOXSTER xxxxxxx.
To find out if your vehicle has any outstanding safety recalls, contact a PORSCHE dealership." so I don't know if that's reliable or not.

Maybe it is too new for them to pick it up.

5 minutes ago, smartin said:

That comes back with :

"We don't hold information about manufacturer's safety recalls for PORSCHE BOXSTER xxxxxxx.
To find out if your vehicle has any outstanding safety recalls, contact a PORSCHE dealership." so I don't know if that's reliable or not.

Maybe it is too new for them to pick it up.

I know that service has picked up recalls on some my family "fleet" - Toyota, Vauxhall, Peugeot  - the Toyota and Vauxhall ones were old and we had never heard of them ( we owned the Toyota from new) - the Peugeot one was on that site before we got the letter about it.  My boxster gives the same response as you, but I just tried my year old Ford on there and the response was different

No outstanding safety recalls found

This information is provided by the vehicle manufacturer. If you think the information is wrong, contact the vehicle manufacturer's dealership. Please do not contact the DVSA, as we are not able to change the recall status.

which suggests that GOV site doesn't hold PORSCHE recalls, rather than "there are no recalls" - so I guess that's not a route to info on Boxsters.... ( and a bit cr*p since the Porsche recall site seems to only work on 981 and above....) 

2 hours ago, Desiro said:

When the post first appeared the VIN checker returned a "no recall" however I have just looked up my VIN again and and now it says recall required. 

Same here, thought I was in the clear but literally just got the recall letter.  No parts until November anyway...

I emailed Cambridge OPC, and had the following reply:

"If your Porsche is due for this recall, you will have received notification from Porsche, I have checked the database and yours is showing as NOT requiring the recall."

Sorted :thumbsup_anim:

My recall letter arrived on Saturday, so will arrange with OPC to have the work done. In a way, I’m glad the parts aren’t available until November, as, right now, I don’t think I’d have enough fuel to get to the OPC and back!

Hopefully, this fuel nonsense will be sorted well before the car goes in.

On 9/24/2021 at 4:46 PM, daz05 said:

That's good then glad they are fixing ours too. I'll book mine in to be done at mot time. Guess the scope will include a wheel alignment too.

Of those that have booked their cars in/discussed with an OPC for this fix was anything mentioned about things like wheel alignment or are they only committing to replacing the parts?

2 hours ago, smartin said:

Of those that have booked their cars in/discussed with an OPC for this fix was anything mentioned about things like wheel alignment or are they only committing to replacing the parts?

You'll get an alignment, when you remove those bolts it's part of the replacement procedure.

This just got posted by PCGB boxster register secretary. 

After much searching and discussion with Porsche I have been told that the models affected are
01.09.2012 to 31.01.2013 and 01.04.2014 to 31.07.2014
I hope this reassures those of us with a different build date and allows those within these dates to contact their local PCs.

37 minutes ago, Paul P said:

This just got posted by PCGB boxster register secretary. 

After much searching and discussion with Porsche I have been told that the models affected are
01.09.2012 to 31.01.2013 and 01.04.2014 to 31.07.2014
I hope this reassures those of us with a different build date and allows those within these dates to contact their local PCs.

Odd there's a gap in dates?

46 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

Odd there's a gap in dates?

They probably decided they didn’t want to pay Porsche tax and bought a load of “the same as original, OEM quality” ones off eBay.  :)