Winter / cold hands fix?

Boxsum

I have a variation of these - bought years ago at an autosport show ( no logos on mine ) - warm enough, grippy and thin enough to not "make it feel like someone else is doing it" - and you don't look like you are going to play golf or like you really should be driving a Jaaaaaggggg.

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/sparco-meca-3-mechanics-gloves-1227655/

I always do trackdays with gloves on. Nothing fancy, theyre cheap mountain biking gloves actually. 

Personally, dont see why you shouldnt drive with gloves. People will think youre mental anyway if you drive with the roof down in winter, gloves isnt gonna change that. But it seems perfectly sensible to me.

• Like 1

Ok, the next stylistic problem after gloves must be the question of what hat to keep a balding bonce warm, if of a certain age of course!

The dreaded bobble hat, Porsche baseball cap or flat cap (to go with the 60’s string vest and gloves).

Now where’s my Damart catalogue for longjohns?

46 minutes ago, Pordave said:

Ok, the next stylistic problem after gloves must be the question of what hat to keep a balding bonce warm, if of a certain age of course!

The dreaded bobble hat, Porsche baseball cap or flat cap (to go with the 60’s string vest and gloves).

Now where’s my Damart catalogue for longjohns?

It’s a no to any Porsche branded apparel, just a nice beanie. With a bobble if I’m feeling adventurous 
Any scarf wearers out there? Or is that reserved for the lady in the passenger seat 

2 minutes ago, rowbos said:

I don't have a solution for when it's sunny and cold and wearing both hats at the same time is a no-no apparently...

I've got an easy solution for that, but I won't say it, for fear of being banned............ :lol:

My solution involves pushing a switch that raises that silly folding cloth thing over your head........ It seems obvious now I've said it :lol:

On a more helpful note, I have got an O'Neil hat from way back in my skiing days, which is similar to a beanie, but with a peak a bit like a baseball cap, so the best of both worlds.  I think the crazy kids (or "yoof" as they are sometimes called - Well, that's one word for 'em...) wear them facing backwards, but when I tried it I looked like a complete nob, so best worn facing the correct way IMHO.  I didn't have any photos, so here's one I took this morning - No need to thank me... :

20211112_101131

Obviously I don't wear it for skiing.  I've been wearing a helmet for years to protect my valuable noggin, but this one is probably the warmest hat I've got in my extensive collection of beanies, so ideal for anyone who's daft enough to drive topless on a cold day.

• Haha 1

I also have a peaked wooly cap ostensibly for skiing (and have also made it obsolete with a helmet). But as it's made from cheap wool, and I'm now used to cashmere due to my wife coming from a producer country, it itches like hell and just sits in the drawer now. I should offload it at some point.