Winter / cold hands fix?

Boxsum

Am I on my own getting cold hands on drives out over winter? A lot of owners on here go on about must have heated seats but don't find any part of my body gets cold just my hands. Do the usual,  point the vents but only mildly helps . Do people actually drive with gloves? Any recommendations? 

6 minutes ago, Boxsum said:

Am I on my own getting cold hands on drives out over winter? A lot of owners on here go on about must have heated seats but don't find any part of my body gets cold just my hands. Do the usual,  point the vents but only mildly helps . Do people actually drive with gloves? Any recommendations? 

Passenger vents closed. Select internal airflow. Heater to high and blow towards the hands ?

Or something like this , no idea if this type of thing is any good ???

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NAIHEN-Steering-Protector-Comfortable-Driving/dp/B08R78B4FB/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=heated+steering+wheel+cover&qid=1636570042&sr=8-3

Certainly not on your own. My circulation in my hands is pretty much sweet FA anyway. Winter does not help. And with the natural forces of gravity my hands are always freezing after a decent drive. I often swap hands and sit on one with the heated seats on to get some life back in them. :D

Not quite what you are after but i work outside at Christmas fayres and a customer gave me a 'little hotties' and i have to say they are great. They are like packets with metal fillings that you rub together and they warm up, and when they start to cool off you just rub again. You can keep them in gloves or a pocket.

Little Hotties Hand Warmers - 40 Pairs | Costco UK

44 minutes ago, Christopher2110 said:

Certainly not on your own. My circulation in my hands is pretty much sweet FA anyway. Winter does not help. And with the natural forces of gravity my hands are always freezing after a decent drive. I often swap hands and sit on one with the heated seats on to get some life back in them. :D

I do the same 😄

And wear gloves...

1 hour ago, rowbos said:

I do the same 😄

And wear gloves...

The problem is what gloves…. 
Leather ones, but then you look like you’re on your way to do a “job” 🔪👀
Mittens just don’t have the practicality needed.  
Wooly gloves are just damn right slippery and dangerous. 

17 minutes ago, Christopher2110 said:

The problem is what gloves…. 
Leather ones, but then you look like you’re on your way to do a “job” 🔪👀
Mittens just don’t have the practicality needed.  
Wooly gloves are just damn right slippery and dangerous. 

I've got these. In black.  Nice comfy gloves.  Very think and soft and grippy.

https://www.dentsgloves.com/products/mens-classic-leather-driving-gloves?variant=31653955731518

But yes it could be commented that you might be on the way to a job, a nice safe job perhaps? (gratuitous Young Ones quote 😁)

19 hours ago, Boxsum said:

Do people actually drive with gloves?

Absolutely! But then i did spend my whole 38 year working life selling leather for gloves and I have a drawer full of them. For winter driving I use pair of lightweight gloves made, years ago, by one of my US customers from a thin leather with textured leather palm for grip and a Thinsulate lining for warmth. Ideal combination. In general terms you need to look for lined gloves which are not too bulky and not slippery so you don't lose your grip of the wheel (most cheaper ones will be made from a coated leather which may well be slippery)