Font end squeak

earley231186

Wondering if any one can help me out. 

I have 05 2.7

I have replaced all the front components except springs and shocks. 

So coffin arms, inner and outer tie rods, tuning forks, top mounts and bump stops, and away bar bushings. 

The drop links were only a year old. 

However over uneven ground I'm getting a distinct squeak coming from the front of the car. I've lubed my seals and my bonnet stops are good. 

Any ideas on what it could be or how to remedy? 

Cheers 

43 minutes ago, earley231186 said:

Wondering if any one can help me out. 

I have 05 2.7

I have replaced all the front components except springs and shocks. 

So coffin arms, inner and outer tie rods, tuning forks, top mounts and bump stops, and away bar bushings. 

The drop links were only a year old. 

However over uneven ground I'm getting a distinct squeak coming from the front of the car. I've lubed my seals and my bonnet stops are good. 

Any ideas on what it could be or how to remedy? 

Cheers 

Did you tighten the bottom wishbones ( coffin arms) with load applied?

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

Have the hood seals been lubricated with Gummi Pflege or similar?

A long shot - Rear suspension noise can seem to be front, have the rear tuning forks been changed?

Yep done it the weekend hoping it was that. But no change. It's deffo Infront of the dash area. 

• 2 weeks later...

Revelation on this today. There has been a bit of snow and ice where I am. 

Had to run my daughter somewhere and had to take the box. 

The squeak was not there at all. This would suggest it is a rubber seal squeaking possibly the window moving on a seal. 

I have Gummi pledged them but that didn't work. Maybe a reapplication is needed. 

interesting - I have the same on front left wheel area - but it goes away when wet. I thought it was water getting into a seal/bushing/joint and 'lubricating' so to speak, then when its warm and dries out, it squeaks again. I can replicate mine on a dry day with a firm shove on the top of the front left wing - good shove and I hear the same squeak. After rain I don't. 

So I figured it's a bushing, and given it's still on original suspension haven't bothered about it as it's pretty minor. 

Interested to hear what yours is in the end.

32 minutes ago, frozen said:

interesting - I have the same on front left wheel area - but it goes away when wet. I thought it was water getting into a seal/bushing/joint and 'lubricating' so to speak, then when its warm and dries out, it squeaks again. I can replicate mine on a dry day with a firm shove on the top of the front left wing - good shove and I hear the same squeak. After rain I don't. 

So I figured it's a bushing, and given it's still on original suspension haven't bothered about it as it's pretty minor. 

Interested to hear what yours is in the end.

I replaced the front suspension and it was still there. The noise was gone in the ice and snow so I'd assumed it had hardened the seals as the squeak stopped. 

Front drop links caused the squeak on my old 986.  If I threw a bucket of water under the car, it stopped (until the bushes dried again).