Couple of questions …

Stuno1

1. For those who use a ctek charger, do you just connect it up to the battery terminals? I have an adaptor I use that I install and can just pop a bonnet and plug it in.

2. Does anyone use a key case? Leather one…. If so where did you buy it from?

3. Will zunsport grills prevent me getting a Porsche warranty? I’ll call Porsche as well to check but wondered if anyone knew. 

4. is there anything you discovered with your car that you had no idea about? I know pressing both paddles puts the car into neutral as an example. 

Stu

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

1. For those who use a ctek charger, do you just connect it up to the battery terminals? I have an adaptor I use that I install and can just pop a bonnet and plug it in.

2. Does anyone use a key case? Leather one…. If so where did you buy it from?

3. Will zunsport grills prevent me getting a Porsche warranty? I’ll call Porsche as well to check but wondered if anyone knew. 

4. is there anything you discovered with your car that you had no idea about? I know pressing both paddles puts the car into neutral as an example. 

Stu

Not across the battery terminals for a car with agm battery or stop start technology.  Car has a module that monitors charge state to know if it can restart the engine or not.  So battery positive  and a convenient chassis earth.  (There is one listed in the handbook but it’s too far from the battery for the Ctek leads.  Sone put a bolt into a spare hole in the suspension turret top.  )

Zunsport - often dealers will reject cars on the 111 point check if the car has them.  Sometimes you get away with it.  When it comes to a claim I guess it depends.   If you claim for a failed headlight switch then they probably won’t care.  If you turn up and say the car is running hot and the fans don’t work then they might pout at the zunsports.  Seems that the common approach is if you want to have them get used to taking them off when dealing with an OPC. 

doscoveries.  Cup holders central section folds back up when holders deployed. Stops the holders swinging around. And.  There’s a little hook inside the fuel filler flap to hand the cap tether over when filling so the cap doesn’t bang on the wing.  The paddles for neutral thing came in on the 981 - wasn’t available on 987.2 pdk’s.

on the subject of pdk there’s a whole number of ways of “communicating” with the gearbox.  A small blip will drop it one gear. A larger blip will drop 2.  Blip to the floor (not lockdown) and back up. Lowest possible gear and matching revs at current speed.  Brake hard just before turning will make the gearbox more likely to change down a couple of gears rather than one since it assumes you are “having fun”. Likely many others. You can work with the gearbox in a number of ways.  It’s very good at guessing but you get even more fun if you learn to give it more of hint about things.  

Most of all.  Enjoy it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul P said:

So battery positive  and a convenient chassis earth.  (There is one listed in the handbook but it’s too far from the battery for the Ctek leads.  Sone put a bolt into a spare hole in the suspension turret top.  )

I found just separating the wires on the Ctek a bit more and I could reach the original designated earth point.

1 Use the footwell socket. Works fine.

3 Officially yes, but some OPCs don't seem to be rigorous. It's a 5 min job to take them off anyway, and another 5 mins to put them back on afterwards.

4 Depending on wheel size, the later P Zero N ratings are completely different. The only ones I have experience of are 20" wheels - N0 was not confidence inspiring but in my view N1 is dramatically better, and gives better ride too. But 19" wheels have had more N versions (now up to N2) and I have no idea if 19" N1 was similar to 20" N1 or whether 20" N1 is similar to 19" N2.