Lava Orange fest ???

zagamuffin

26 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

whats with all the lava S models with burmeister systems and other high spec popping up atm , a 30k and 20k options car for sale amoung others atm.Launch cars as 2016 ???

most without the exhaust which is high on my list.

https://www.paragongb.com/766/porsche-for-sale/porsche-boxster-s-for-sale-kf16vvd

12 hours ago, kharma45 said:

How does one get a feel for the pricing of 718S cars?

For example, WBAC is saying  a value of £33k for that vs a ticket price of £42k

£9k difference seems like a lot... I get that dealers need to make a profit and there is a  cost for a warranty... But I guess something like a £5k differential between trade in and asking price would be reasonable... £9k is pretty steep.

It's also not just that orange car. Other cars are similar. E.g £8.5k differential... Okay that one has a 2 yrs OPC warranty, so that is worth say £2k.

Are dealers online valuations lowballing the value of the cars and are the online valuations reflective of what people are getting for their cars on trade in and is the differential between selling value and buying cost really £9k?

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

£9k difference seems like a lot... I get that dealers need to make a profit and there is a  cost for a warranty... But I guess something like a £5k differential between trade in and asking price would be reasonable... £9k is pretty steep.

It's also not just that orange car. Other cars are similar. E.g £8.5k differential... Okay that one has a 2 yrs OPC warranty, so that is worth say £2k.

Are dealers online valuations lowballing the value of the cars and are the online valuations reflective of what people are getting for their cars on trade in and is the differential between selling value and buying cost really £9k?

I sense this is the tide turning.

Lower values now reflected in WBAC and other valuations, but not yet reflected in retail asking prices.

Someone I know 'in the trade' who I saw briefly over Christmas said that CAP values have been coming down month-on-month since Oct/Nov (i.e. a reversal of the previous trend).

I've been watching 2017/18 BMW G31 (5-Series Touring) prices. They are softening slightly (not as much as I'd like - yet....).

Cheers, Baggers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, McDonald said:

WBAC are freeloaders on the car market. They're not equivalent to a glass's guide. They feed the car auctions.

So what is the real differential between a trade value and retail ? ( Let's say excluding the warranty, which is say £1-2k of the difference? £4-5k?

18 minutes ago, moonshine said:

So what is the real differential between a trade value and retail ? ( Let's say excluding the warranty, which is say £1-2k of the difference? £4-5k?

There is no simple answer to your question. 

IIRC Glass's guide always showed three different prices. There was always a disparity between what trade would pay and their retail prices. Private sales were different again. Even that simplifies the market as prestige dealers command higher prices than the rest.

On 1/9/2022 at 7:43 AM, moonshine said:

Not an OPC so no fancy warranty