Leather seatbelt retaining strap repair

Gramps

It’s dead easy to fix that, you can buy a tool off Amazon for a few quid or call into any upholsterer and they will sort for a few quid, it’s a 5min job

Edited by the baron

14 hours ago, edc said:

You can buy a pop rivet tool on eBay. 

Thanks for the reply. I've got the gear for the repair of a normal press stud but the prob with this is that the broken part is within the stitched leather. Have now repaired the existing one but thanks again

4 hours ago, the baron said:

It’s dead easy to fix that, you can buy a tool off Amazon for a few quid or call into any upholsterer and they will sort for a few quid, it’s a 5min job

Thanks for the reply. I've got the gear for the repair of a normal press stud but the prob with this is that the broken part is within the stitched leather. Have now repaired the existing one but thanks again

15 hours ago, iborguk said:

Or hit Amazon or the Bay of E and look to see if there is a snap fastener/popper kit on there which works.

There are some on Amazon supplied with the tool to fit the popper's for less than £20.

• Like 1

Slightly related question. Has anyone found a good way to stop the seatbelt from going back through this strap when you take it off? It doesn’t happen all the time, but always when it’s dark and I’m in a hurry, with a thick coat on, normally when it’s raining as well so the windows start to steam up, that little barsteward disappears backwards and I only notice when I’m sat down and then have to fumble it back through the strap.