Options price list

martyn

Preparing to sell my car soonish, I have noticed that many Porsche car adverts have the optional extras valued. I don’t have the original invoice as I’m the second owner, has anyone got a copy of the 2013 options price list and base cost of the 981S?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, martyn said:

Preparing to sell my car soonish, I have noticed that many Porsche car adverts have the optional extras valued.

Funny that as they rarely say they are worth anything on trade in 🤣

21 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

Funny that as they rarely say they are worth anything on trade in 🤣

True, when they buy, but when they sell……

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

I’d certainly list the extras but IMHO the value at time of build is irrelevant. I’m not sure buyers are interested in the “when new price” of extras. I know I’m not. Just my thoughts 

It’s also for my own interest, probably could have asked the OPC for a copy of the original invoice if I’d have thought at the time.

• Thanks 1

An observation (and of course just a random forum opinion which by definition is worthless)  but I always feel that when you read an ad with the prices of options listed then it makes me feel like it’s a justification not an advert.  

i love to see a list of desirable options and a car well presented but honestly does it matter what it cost 9 years ago  

but whatever.  Good luck with the sale.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Paul P said:

An observation (and of course just a random forum opinion which by definition is worthless)  but I always feel that when you read an ad with the prices of options listed then it makes me feel like it’s a justification not an advert.  

i love to see a list of desirable options and a car well presented but honestly does it matter what it cost 9 years ago  

Thanks, I wasn’t going to itemise obviously, but a rounded amount like a lot of adverts, also as I stated earlier I was and still am interested in what my car cost ‘on the road’ and what it’s worth now from an investment point of view.

However as a private sale I don’t necessarily want to emulate a car dealer so I may well just stick with a list of options.

3 minutes ago, martyn said:

Thanks, I wasn’t going to itemise obviously, but a rounded amount like a lot of adverts, also as I stated earlier I was and still am interested in what my car cost ‘on the road’ and what it’s worth now from an investment point of view.

However as a private sale I don’t necessarily want to emulate a car dealer so I may well just stick with a list of options.

Totally fair and only posted my opinion as a view from the other side, I get the angle of “it cost that, now worth this, they hold their price well” 

• Thanks 1

It always amuses me to a certain extent with the amazing list of options that dealers mention as though it's a major selling point, main culprit being the embossing on the headrest. Not sure why anyone would pay for that from new, never mind being impressed several years down the line...

Sports Chrono, PSM, wheel choice etc is, of course a different proposition.

1 minute ago, andygo said:

It always amuses me to a certain extent with the amazing list of options that dealers mention as though it's a major selling point, main culprit being the embossing on the headrest. Not sure why anyone would pay for that from new, never mind being impressed several years down the line...

Sports Chrono, PSM, wheel choice etc is, of course a different proposition.

I'd guess because we're all different. I'm always surprised when someone omits heated seats. Again we're all different.

17 minutes ago, iborguk said:

I'd guess because we're all different. I'm always surprised when someone omits heated seats. Again we're all different.

Heated seats is a desirable, noteworthy option unless you live in Florida. The Porsche crest stamped into the seat headrest isn't a noteworthy option, can't believe its not standard, I mean, how much extra to produce can it possibly be?  :) Similar to the big deal they make out for coloured centre caps. £20 off Ebay. I haven't noticed the factory ones being any more durable, even the poverty monochrome ones delaminate like a 1970's Lada!

19 minutes ago, andygo said:

The Porsche crest stamped into the seat headrest isn't a noteworthy option, can't believe its not standard, I mean, how much extra to produce can it possibly be?

Porsche. The most profitable car company in the world.

When I was buying my GTS I was chatting to the salesman about various options and he mentioned that heated seats is a deal breaker for most people, he said he had a couple of Porsches in without heated seats and they were a royal pain to shift. 

14 hours ago, Paul P said:

Completely agree with this..  

20 hours ago, Paul P said:

That's a good point, it hadn't occurred to me but I would say I probably feel the same.

I'm interested to see the options but aside from being told something like "the most expensive wheel option" I couldn't give a fig about the actual £ cost when new.  It does ring of smarmy dealer blurb to have £15,936.45 worth of options in bold or even worse CAPS.

I'm also glad because I had it in mind that when it comes to sell I was going to have to tot up the option prices as that justification as to why my car is so flipping expensive but now I won't bother.  Another chore tickbox removed 👍

OP - I do find it useful to have a photo of the buttons behind the gearstick.  I know when I was searching I could even detect a scarcity of what I wanted from the autotrader thumbnail pic after a while.  Now I'm older and wiser all I want to see is stitched leather dash, SportsDesign wheel, PSE and non-crappy wheels, everything else I don't care about.

Chaps, Thanks for all your feedback, the overriding opinion is not to quote a options cost figure on my advert, as I am sensing it could even be off putting for potential buyers, so that’s the way I will go, just a list of options and that’s it. With some pictures of relevant bits of kit on the internal pictures.

By the way prices are starting to go back north again on WBAC obviously because we are moving out of winter towards spring. Next job is to put my private plate back onto retention, probably do that early spring so it’s ready to go! Be sorry to see the back of it, but the 718 4.0 beckons!😀

• Like 2

The impression I get from a bit of recent market testing is that options don't do much at all for the value. It's more an issue of what options your car has vs what the buyer actually wants, or sometimes actively doesn't want, which results in a sale.

32 minutes ago, GTSMarky said:

Have you ordered one?

I was on the configurator and my next step was to ask my OPC about lead times for the PDK version.

Hi Mark, yes I ordered and paid a deposit on 4.0 PDK GTS last June 2021. I specified delivery for this September and the dealer said he would manage the order for me to achieve the requested date. Received Porsche experience invitation last August. I have spoken to the dealer several times since last June and he has intimated that delivery dates are slipping but he is still hopeful of securing one for me for September. Although at time of writing I haven’t yet been allocated one.
Porsche price increase from last year doesn’t apply to orders/deposits paid before November 15th 2021 and Porsche are honouring this for all deliveries accomplished in MY22. Unsure if this will be the case if delivery drifts into 2023. 
Still not 100% sure of final build yet, am spending quite some time on the configurator!

Edited by martyn

12 minutes ago, martyn said:

Hi Mark, yes I ordered and paid a deposit on 4.0 PDK GTS last June 2021. I specified delivery for this September and the dealer said he would manage the order for me to achieve the requested date. Received Porsche experience invitation last August. I have spoken to the dealer several times since last June and he has intimated that delivery dates are slipping but he is still hopeful of securing one for me for September. Although at time of writing I haven’t yet been allocated one.
Porsche price increase from last year doesn’t apply to orders/deposits paid before November 15th 2021 and Porsche are honouring this for all deliveries accomplished in MY22. Unsure if this will be the case if delivery drifts into 2023. 
Still not 100% sure of final build yet, am spending quite some time on the configurator!

Interesting & I do hope you get the 4.0 when you want it.

Not wanting to tempt fate, but I'm waiting for a company car that was supposed to be Dec and now is June (at best).  Also been advised a delay on my new motorcycle too & hence my question on the lead time from Porsche.

I don't have the patience to order and wait I don't think and also don't want a manual, so will sit tight for a while.

The Cayman 4.0 GTS is really the only car I'd get out of my BGTS for.

You gone Boxster or Cayman?  I'm properly jealous!!!

8 minutes ago, GTSMarky said:

Interesting & I do hope you get the 4.0 when you want it.

Not wanting to tempt fate, but I'm waiting for a company car that was supposed to be Dec and now is June (at best).  Also been advised a delay on my new motorcycle too & hence my question on the lead time from Porsche.

I don't have the patience to order and wait I don't think and also don't want a manual, so will sit tight for a while.

The Cayman 4.0 GTS is really the only car I'd get out of my BGTS for.

You gone Boxster or Cayman?  I'm properly jealous!!!

I’ve gone for another Boxster,

Imho because of delivery shortages with these cars, and the subsequent premium on the few second hand ones (especially in PDK format) the used cars are costing more than the new ones, couldn’t you just order your Cayman, pick a rough build code pay a deposit then forget it?

The last 6 months of waiting has just flown by!

Go on you know you want to……

• Like 1