Took my Bally bar off...

Ninesomething

In the never ending search for my mystery knocking noise. And sure enough there are marks where it had been touching the fins on the gearbox.

I should point out that my ballybar is not a genuine ballybar but a similar and obviously inferior item from another source.

2 things of note - it was on my previous car and definitely didn't touch the gearbox and I definitely felt a comparitive slight loose feeling from the back end without it. I'm thinking as I write this that this car has PASM which the old one didn't so maybe the 10mm lower suspension is to blame.

I'm hoping that this has cured the knocking. Difficult to tell but it's always worse when I drive the car first thing and it's cold so I'll know tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, Boxer boy said:

Scuse my ignorance guys , what is this “ Bally bar “ ? 

I was wondering this as well. Looks like it's some kind of front lower strut brace. 

Edited by zcacogp
Adding link

1 hour ago, zcacogp said:

I was wondering this as well. Looks like it's some kind of front lower strut brace. 

Most certainly is.  It fits along the line of the rear ARB on to two bolts of teh diagonal braces to stiffen the two rear suspension subframes to remove flex.  Makes the rear feel more 'planted'.