Climate control issue. Driver side won’t get cold

Stuno1

12 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

It’s an Indy, breakdown is below. They offered non Porsche parts but I’d like to use genuine items.

The cost of 2 no Porsche air conditioning radiators is £602.82p +VAT@20%

The air conditioning dryer from Porsche = £64.14p+ VAT@20%

Labour to remove and instal new air conditioning rads 4hrs @£90.00p+VAT@20%

Re-Gas air con @£95.00 +VAT@20%

Total cost £1121.96p + VAT@20%

Ouch , although you at least have root cause now.

13 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Ouch , although you at least have root cause now.

Sadly owning a car of this age it’s was bound to happen during my ownership. Still, probably 300-400 more than I was expecting it to cost.

43 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

It’s an Indy, breakdown is below. They offered non Porsche parts but I’d like to use genuine items.

The cost of 2 no Porsche air conditioning radiators is £602.82p +VAT@20%

The air conditioning dryer from Porsche = £64.14p+ VAT@20%

Labour to remove and instal new air conditioning rads 4hrs @£90.00p+VAT@20%

Re-Gas air con @£95.00 +VAT@20%

Total cost £1121.96p + VAT@20%

Ask them what if you supply the parts?  The +VAT price you have been given is full list, you should get 10% or possibly more off if you buy direct from your local Porsche Centre, and they will be getting the 10% as well so will cost £720 incl VAT which is £80 off.  You can get a re-gas anywhere that does a/c once the parts are fitted from about £40 incl VAT (if you use the Groupon offer at ATS, they did mine after I DIY fitted my 986 replacement aircon parts).  4 hours may be OTT too, more like 3 in reality, particularly if they've done a few before, which I'm sure they will have done, but I don't know the front end of the 981 so well.

I am usually in the “go original for a known baseline” camp but for this I would go 3rd party.  If they are a 3rd the price then you could change them out twice in what 10 years and still be about even with the upfront cost of the original and 2 times labour/ ragas. 

9 hours ago, daz05 said:

Use aftermarket you are paying for a badge on the same part.

I did ask and they did say the Porsche units were better quality. I have used not own parts on cars in the past when the garage has said there is no difference. 

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

I did ask and they did say the Porsche units were better quality. I have used not own parts on cars in the past when the garage has said there is no difference. 

You can get the same brand as the Porsche ones direct from the manufacturer. Not sure I like the sound of your indy!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, daz05 said:

You can get the same brand as the Porsche ones direct from the manufacturer. Not sure I like the sound of your indy!

I did mine myself 4 weeks ago, mahle condensers and dryer, £270 plus £59.95 re gas at Kwik Fit. Taking front number replacing. Condensers and dryer 3 hrs tops.

2 minutes ago, ov40 said:

I did mine myself 4 weeks ago, mahle condensers and dryer, £270 plus £59.95 re gas at Kwik Fit. Taking front number replacing. Condensers and dryer 3 hrs tops.

Ah ok. Bummer. The work had already been green lit. Might have to think about going somewhere else in future.