Exhaust drone - options?

G6JOJ

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted 48mm motorcycle baffles into my cheap (Toyosport) box. I used a cobalt bit to drill access holes to the 'inner' pipe in the end pipes and loctited the baffle screws in place. Never come loose but still removable for maintenence as i wrapped them with exhaust baffle cloth (fibreglass).

As it has very little in the way of internal baffling, fitting these means it still flows better than the standard box. As for this hurting the engine that is utter bollerx. Someone just wants to sell a really expensive back box. Now if you shoved bananas up a standard box , that would hurt the engine :)

Edited by Shazbot

I tried the baffles in my toyosport, but they dampened the sound so much i might as well have kept the standard exhaust on. So they came straight back out again. Kept them in the cupboard in case i need to do a really quiet trackday, but for general weekend and track driving, ill live with an exhaust that sounds like a great dane farting below 3000 rpm, as it picks up a treat from 4000 to the redline!

1 hour ago, Boxster1977 said:

Anyone heard anything about these or has one fitted?.

https://www.swengineering-uk.com/product-page/986-race-exhaust-system

With zero silencing other than the cats to attenuate a bit of noise, that would be very very loud!  Would probably fail nearly all UK track day noise limits and even most race day noise limits.  Depends on what you are trying to achieve, noise, or a car that is loud but still pleasant to drive.

11 hours ago, ½cwt said:

With zero silencing other than the cats to attenuate a bit of noise, that would be very very loud!  Would probably fail nearly all UK track day noise limits and even most race day noise limits.  Depends on what you are trying to achieve, noise, or a car that is loud but still pleasant to drive.

You can choose a silenced version from the drop down menu.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've decided to go for the SW engineering race exhaust 

I've been told the silenced option sounds nice and there race drivers love it, is this likely to turn on the engine management light?.

• 2x Cat pipes (200 cell cats and lambda sensor bosses)
  • Rear silencer system with balance pipe (unsilenced option available)
  • Removable GT3 style exhaust tips (2.5 inch tips)
  • Rear gearbox silencer mount 
  • All gaskets and fasteners

https://www.swengineering-uk.com/product-page/986-race-exhaust-system

Edited by Boxster1977

3 minutes ago, Boxster1977 said:

I'm tempted but can't help but think it's a scam. Went through the process to buy and the website is co.uk but payment is in US dollars?

6 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Shipping from where?!

Not too sure, upon payment you just get thanks for your order, but no order number. No charges for shipping though, probably dodgy but it's £75 and I should get it back from my credit card or paypal if it blows out.

1 minute ago, 300SL-24 said:

Not too sure, upon payment you just get thanks for your order, but no order number. No charges for shipping though, probably dodgy but it's £75 and I should get it back from my credit card or paypal if it blows out.

Hope it works out.

FYI if these sites are legit then looks the company you mentioned on the payment is a Hong Kong based company...

https://hongkongcompanysearch.com/en/company/1R6Je919X89WwOBHR5y31dr63.html

https://www.hongkongdir.org/companies/2633225/

Maybe the last paragraph of the Terms & Conditions at https://www.naturecarcare.co.uk/page/Terms-and-Conditions.html is just a lazy cut and paste from another site...

"Any of the courses and their teachings do not necessarily fit in all healthcare cases, and every person presents with a different case history and profile, therefore the website owners, teachers, links to other sites, or developers of the courses including Dr Hawley are not liable for any missuse or direct use that may cause harm to any client or patient. It is therefore understood by the purchasing customer or visitor to this site that they use their best discretion when treating any client or patient. This also includes advising any client or patient. These courses and affiliates are providing generic information only and it is up to the therapist of anyone viewing these courses to use their own discretion. If there is any doubt about a clients well being you should consult their physician before attempting any of the things mentioned in these videos, blogs, affiliate sites, or anything related to this site. " 

1 hour ago, jonogt6 said:

Anybody tried the  modified Circuitwerks version of the dromemaster  Has an x pipe linked in which apparently improves the tone. Looks good too.

b1hM3NGu.jpg

Not quite the same but a few here have modified the Alibaba one more recently Toyosport/direnza/gravity in the UK, with a balance pipe between the boxes with some minor success. 

2 minutes ago, DaveyP said:

Does it matter where the balance pipe is? 

Could it effectively just be a shared tail pipe? 

I'm thinking along the lines of a 2.7-look oval tail pipe to replace the 3.2-look twin round ones?

If you have a facelift car the tips are just bolt on. But a balance pipe isn't going to do anything if it's at the tip!