Mirror driving me mad.

Kenbo1000

Hi Guys.

My drivers door mirror has developed a mind of its own. Sometimes on unlocking the door the mirror goes into a weird dance with glass pointing at the floor. I aired this issue on here before and was informed it might be the motor. I have replaced the motor with a new one from Porsche. This seemed to fix the problem for a couple of days then it returned. The odd thing is, it does not do it every time and there does not seem to be any sequence. Anyone got any ideas on what it might be. It’s got to be electronic but I’ve no idea where to start.

Cheers Ken.

It has the memory function and has been reset numerous times. It also has the dipping passenger mirror on reverse and this is not causing any problems. I thought someone on here would have had the same problem at some point over the last 20 odd years and come up with an answer.

Does suddenly it think it is LHD with a dipping reversing mirror??  A check on a PIWIS system seem to be called for to check all the settings are in order.

Thanks Guys.

Not a key swap problem, same key always used. Seems like it occasionally thinks it’s left hand drive but the problem is it only does it after it’s been stood a while. Once I have reset it it keeps its settings as long as I use it within a few day (not had the inclination to check the actual amount of days) basically it has a mind of its own and I will just disconnect it and set it manually rather than pay the price of a PIWIS. It’s just bloody irritating after laying out for a new motor.

Dipping mirror for memory equipped cars fires up when you go into reverse, so while it's possible it seems unlikey the car thinks its LHD and in reverse - next stop for me would be find someone local who has the kit and plugin and see what is logged - but if I remember correctly, the mirror is controlled by the drivers door control module - so perhaps look out for one of those from a breakers.

6 hours ago, Paul P said:

Dipping mirror for memory equipped cars fires up when you go into reverse, so while it's possible it seems unlikey the car thinks its LHD and in reverse - next stop for me would be find someone local who has the kit and plugin and see what is logged - but if I remember correctly, the mirror is controlled by the drivers door control module - so perhaps look out for one of those from a breakers.

Yup I'm back to put it on a code reader/coder to see what's up. 

Edited by iborguk