Pad retaining pins gone awry

ricof

Rear brakes had been making some noises and check the drivers side today and saw that the pad retaining pin wasn't where it is supposed to be - its like someone has drifted it towards the car. I couldn't see an R clip.

Porsche want circa £50 for an entire kit (retaining spring, pins and R clips) but I was wondering if anyone knew of where to obtain the R clips separately?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Tony Daniel said:

Ebay or google 'R clips' and you will find lots of suppliers. Also try a local car auto factors or maybe just backstreet garage.

Thanks, but i'm finding it tricky to know the correct size!

5 minutes ago, Chris D said:

Design 911. I replaced mine last pad and disc change. Can't remember cost, I'll see if I can dig it out. 

If original Porsche parts, it will have been more than from an OPC; if after market, ECP/CP4L would most likely have been cheaper!

13 hours ago, ½cwt said:

If original Porsche parts, it will have been more than from an OPC; if after market, ECP/CP4L would most likely have been cheaper!

OPC cost was very close to D911, a quid or so different. ECP etc don't seem to sell the kit!

25 minutes ago, ricof said:

OPC cost was very close to D911, a quid or so different. ECP etc don't seem to sell the kit!

Did you add VAT and postage to the D911 price?

Not trying to dis them but for genuine Porsche parts there is rarely anywhere cheaper than an OPC.

Edited by ½cwt

14 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Did you add VAT and postage to the D911 price?

Not trying to dis them but for genuine Porsche parts there is rarely anywhere cheaper than an OPC.

Total prices: OPC was £52.98 for genuine part, D911 was £52.80 for the aftermarket part

Edited by ricof
spelling
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ricof said:

Total prices: OPC was £52.98 for genuine part, D911 was £52.80 for the aftermarket part

Aftermarket is the key, they are pretty competitive for that.  Just don't want to mislead people as to where you can find value if running on a tighter budget.

It might not have been D911. I can't find the email. Away from home atm, I'm sure I have a paper receipt. Defo online and OEM parts.

Edit - Type911. Was £36 + VAT for a set. Now £38 + VAT

https://type911shop.co.uk/epages/de867ca1-377e-432e-84fd-bdccf2206766.sf/sececcb909173/?ObjectPath=/Shops/de867ca1-377e-432e-84fd-bdccf2206766/Categories/Shop/10/409/781

Edited by Chris D