Semi or full Alcantara steering wheel retrim?

fizz

I follow @thecarogropher on instagram who has a really lovely 986 that he is putting up for sale when i noticed his lovely steering wheel. 

Having asked where he got that done, he pointed me in the direction of Royal Steering Wheels | Exclusive look, unique feeling where he got his done from. 

Looked through the gallery and can't decide which of these i like more. What would you choose?
996-986-slightly-thicker-black-alcantara

996-3-spoke-Black-alcantara-9040-Red-cen

I've requested a quote for both and will post on here the costs for anyone interested. :) 

Cheers

I would say full….

But having looked at the photos…..

they both look good :)

Id say full as the only benifit to going part leather would be to stop the Alcantara wearing and looking shiney.  But on the example the Alcantara is where you would be holding the wheel anyway.

As a side note the carographer is a great guy.  I bought my wheels from him

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, brillomaster said:

full. though not as girthy as the ones in the pictures though, its a steering wheel, not a coke can!

Ha! So, they retrim the existing steering wheel but don't know if they take the existing leather lining off or go over it. I do hear what you're saying about it looking girthy though. 

17 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

they both look good :)

:) 

17 hours ago, MickH said:

Id say full as the only benifit to going part leather would be to stop the Alcantara wearing and looking shiney.  But on the example the Alcantara is where you would be holding the wheel anyway.

As a side note the carographer is a great guy.  I bought my wheels from him

Yeah seems like a nice chap and with regards to the part Alcantara... it's one of the downsides I've considered but always liked the look and wanted a Alcantara wheel in past cars and never tried it. 

Got a reply back and thought I'd share for those who might be interested in doing the same. 

----------- 

Hi Faisal,

Thank you for the enquiry with the photos and I'm sorry for the slow reply as we were off last week. Hope that's still OK.

Just to confirm we can re-trim this wheel and our Exchange Option is available.

(First, we send a new re-trimmed wheel by post. All your existing plastic trims, buttons, airbag, etc. are transferred to the new wheel so they stay/work the same, you then return your old bare wheel back to us)

It’d be:

1. Boxster S 2003 Manual ( 3-spoke, Black) -  Black Alcantara 9040 on sides, Smooth top/bottom + Red center stripe, Red stitching - EXCHANGE

OR

2.  Boxster S 2003 Manual ( 3-spoke, Black) - Full Black Alcantara 9040 + Red center stripe, Red stitching - EXCHANGE

The price would be:

£180 (1 or 2) Incl. VAT + £9.99 Postage (Parcelforce next day recorded) + £250 deposit *

*-Deposit is required only as business protection and it will be fully refunded straight after receiving your same type of steering wheel.

This wheel would be ready within 1 and 2 weeks and we will send you the tracking number so you will know when to expect delivery.

Would you be interested and what option would be best?

Could you please let us know which style you would like and provide your delivery address and PayPal email address so we could send you the invoice?

(If no PayPal account, we can provide an invoice link allowing direct card payment.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Jack

Royal Steering Wheels
Unit 10 / 10b, 
Weston Industrial Estate,
Stoke Mandeville,
Aylesbury,
HP22 5GT,
mobile: 01296 297755 / 07894 209349

That seems a reasonable price. I wasn’t really considering it but now might change mine now. 

Definitely the full alcantara wheel option but without the red marker for me. 

Edited by Loc986

Out of interest and not judging anyone's decision or taste here ....

Why Alcantara over leather?

Wouldn't a leather re-trim be more in keeping with the cars interior?