986 2004 Handbrake problem

andrewwalling

Having a problem with the hand brake on the 986 

I have fully serviced the brakes and adjusted the hand brake as detailed in the service manual and I have managed to get it onto the the MOT rolling road but I can not get a positive test as had as I try to apply the hand brake i can only show a very small response on the machine...not enough to get a pass

Any suggestions

Have you rebuilt the handbrake and shoes? They delaminate or disintegrate over time and the springs can break too. 

Earlier this year I did a full suspension rebuild all corners came off and when it all went back together I fitted 

New disks Pads and shoes

It is a tiptronic so to be honest I don't use the handbrake normally I put it into park

I have adjusted the handbrake and it appears to be working on jacks and I cant push the wheel round but on the road the handbrake is not holding

Unless anyone has a bright Idea I am going to strip them down again to double check

3 hours ago, andrewwalling said:

Having a problem with the hand brake on the 986 

I have fully serviced the brakes and adjusted the hand brake as detailed in the service manual and I have managed to get it onto the the MOT rolling road but I can not get a positive test as had as I try to apply the hand brake i can only show a very small response on the machine...not enough to get a pass

Any suggestions

What area are you Andy?

Have you adjusted the cables correctly?