718 GT4RS PDK selector

Tony Daniel

Looks like Suncoast in the US are selling them for around £460

The only part no I have found is 982-713-120-A-PO2 but this is for the grey stitching not red. I might enquire next week at my OPC if my cars service goes ok.

And if you think Porsche can charge then look at the price of a DB Carbon selector

• 1 year later...
33 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

If it stays at £250 then yes. 

Should probably have dropped you a DM. I wasn't sure if you had one or not already. 

Love the idea of it after seeing the Henry Catchpole GT4RS video on YouTube looks ace

The 718 pdk manual shifts are in the natural position of push forward to downshift,  back to change up.

The early 981 pdk gearboxes operate in the opposite, counter intuitive order of push forward to change up, pull back to change down. (I can't speak for later 981 PDK gearboxes)

So the 718 RS shifter +/- markings on the top of the shifter would be incorrect

1 hour ago, Cocky said:

Should probably have dropped you a DM. I wasn't sure if you had one or not already. 

Love the idea of it after seeing the Henry Catchpole GT4RS video on YouTube looks ace

No its fine, thanks for posting. A friend of mine has a Manthey tweeked GT4RS, I managed about 3 passenger laps and it caused my internal organs to move around.

Moonshine, I don't think I would notice the little +/- , I have never really looked at the original that closely 🤔

50 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

I don't think I would notice the little +/- , I have never really looked at the original that closely 🤔

Whilst the 718 pdk layout is correct and logical, and the 981 PDK somewhat counterintuitive, My OCD would not let me have the +/- the wrong way round for the car 

I went a cheaper route and fitted a 992 GT3 one....now I'm struggling to get my Cobb to talk long enough to change the gearshift direction.

1 hour ago, Patt said:

I went a cheaper route and fitted a 992 GT3 one....now I'm struggling to get my Cobb to talk long enough to change the gearshift direction.

Is changing the shift direction a matter of coding somehow, or is it a  mechanical change that is required?

1 hour ago, Patt said:

Pics?

15 hours ago, moonshine said:

Is changing the shift direction a matter of coding somehow, or is it a  mechanical change that is required?

coding, although I've not tried physically swapping over the micro-switch leads myself.

• Like 1