Do I own the earliest UK registered Boxster?

Daboy3000

14 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Could you perhaps offer to make a donation to them in return for the info/scan?

I think it's going to be a tiny image at the bottom of a page that probably doesn't even have my car in it.  I could buy a few issues for £10 of ebay.  Not sure PCGB is that short of money. lol.

I am hoping that my contact at Porsche might have access to some better photos, but as it was before the digital age it might take some time.

2 hours ago, Daboy3000 said:

From here I believe - https://www.porscheclubgb.com/archive

@Daboy3000I am a PCGB member and have just looked through all the Porsche Post copies of 1997 in the archive for you, and can't find a picture that you describe.

Edited by Toddie
tag left off
  • Thanks 1

This would sound like it’s probably one of the earliest - seem to remember someone asking a similar question previously and it was determined the earliest cars were all registered P*** EGM 

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1470134

you can’t go too far wrong if you only paid £1500 for yours though! 😁

Edited by Mattman42
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

This would sound like it’s probably one of the earliest - seem to remember someone asking a similar question previously and it was determined the earliest cars were all registered P*** EGM 

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1470134

you can’t go too far wrong if you only paid £1500 for yours though! 😁

I was chatting to him the other day on Facebook.  He arrogantly said that his was the oldest, but I was talking about registration date and he was talking about build date.  So that car (P159 EGM) was built before mine but registered in the UK after mine according to my V5. The date may be incorrect as it was a sunday, maybe a computer/input error at some point. who knows.  still, it's all fun and still owes me less than £3.5k

I am surprised he is selling it, I believe he owns a blue one too, built even earlier, but registered later. all very odd.

9 hours ago, Daboy3000 said:

I was chatting to him the other day on Facebook.  He arrogantly said that his was the oldest, but I was talking about registration date and he was talking about build date.  So that car (P159 EGM) was built before mine but registered in the UK after mine according to my V5. The date may be incorrect as it was a sunday, maybe a computer/input error at some point. who knows.  still, it's all fun and still owes me less than £3.5k

I am surprised he is selling it, I believe he owns a blue one too, built even earlier, but registered later. all very odd.

i've seen a couple of threads he's started and he comes across as a bit of a know-it-all shall we say 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1