PCCM+ for 997/987

Obela

11 hours ago, Martijn987 said:

Porsche has indicated the demand for the PCCM+ is high and they are already working on one for the 987.2, I am guessing within 1 or 2 years.

Thats good to know - hope they give us rear USB and wireless car play in any revised version.

31 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Shame the hack doesn’t work for CarPlay.  It’s a ridiculous design choice to have it front mounted only.  Nonsense.  

Missed that re the hack, maybe it could support something like this though https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carplay-Wireless-Adapter-Mercedes-2017-2022-Black/dp/B0BWYLLTVQ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=2PZIHUAH3I98T&keywords=carlinkit+4.0+wireless+carplay&qid=1682270928&sprefix=carlink%2Caps%2C90&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1&smid=AEKDMF494223N

Edited by iborguk

4 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Don’t reckon that will work.  If it doesn’t recognise the port for CarPlay physically then I doubt that box would wake it up.  Would be good if it did but I think you have to have the basics on the port.  

1 minute ago, Paul P said:

Don’t reckon that will work.  If it doesn’t recognise the port for CarPlay physically then I doubt that box would wake it up.  Would be good if it did but I think you have to have the basics on the port.  

Fair point, I was thinking power only but of course it needs comms back to CarPlay somehow. 

13 hours ago, Paul P said:

Shame the hack doesn’t work for CarPlay.  It’s a ridiculous design choice to have it front mounted only.  Nonsense.  

The hack physically swaps the elctrical signals of the USB ports, CarPlay will then work (only) on the rear USB port.

49 minutes ago, Martijn987 said:

The hack physically swaps the elctrical signals of the USB ports, CarPlay will then work (only) on the rear USB port.

The rennlist posting linked to says the the rear port hack doesn’t work for CarPlay or Android Auto. I haven’t read the detail of what they are describing so maybe there are a couple of ways of doing it.  

19 hours ago, Martijn987 said:

Right , so looks like the option of running a rear usb connected wireless CarPlay adapter is a goer after all.

Could anyone that has this (to fit themselves) be kind enough to post some details / part nrs / photos of the DAB amplifiers. I'm aware there are two; one per A pillar and it's a direct replacement for the FM amplifier.

I've an aftermarket Pioneer DAB/Carplay/Android unit in mine but I've the awful windscreen antenna. Curious to know if i can replace the OEM FM for DAB amplifiers.

Thanks

Chris

5 hours ago, Chris D said:

Could anyone that has this (to fit themselves) be kind enough to post some details / part nrs / photos of the DAB amplifiers. I'm aware there are two; one per A pillar and it's a direct replacement for the FM amplifier.

I've an aftermarket Pioneer DAB/Carplay/Android unit in mine but I've the awful windscreen antenna. Curious to know if i can replace the OEM FM for DAB amplifiers.

Thanks

Chris

No 1st hand experience on this unit - but on previous daily the issue was using the existing aerial for DAB was the fact it had an amplifier - I bypassed the amp and the built in antenna worked OK for DAB - with a splitter to give me FM - honestly neither was perfect but they were good enough - DAB performance was similar to current daily built in setup with respect to signal drops etc. - generally I have dab to do that when mobile.

From reading around this (9x7) and seeing some YT vids of the 9x6 equivalent it seems the wiring included in these units bypass the built in aerial amps. SO maybe it;s not a case of new amp / booster just - go around the old one.

There's a couple of vids from friends green porsche on the 9x6 and 9x7 variants - you might find a clue there.

The new unit from Porsche comes with 2x new DAB amplifiers. To replace the FM amplifiers in the A pillars.

I've seen this in an installation video and someone else on another forum has mentioned it when they installed it themselves. I just don't have sight of the part numbers. I'm thinking if I could source the DAB amplifiers seperately then I could replace my FM amplifiers and use the existing antenna cable.

Chris

On 3/26/2023 at 8:32 PM, AdyG said:

Hi Martijn987

Did you have any issues with the aerial amplifier on the A pillar? Mine too has the CDR24 with ASK and the amifiers supplied in the kit are not compatible, the wiring connectors are completely different? With the original one in situ I get 3 DAB stations and nothing on AM or FM.

I've logged it with Porsche and an awaiting a response. 

Be interested to hear how you got on.

Cheers Ady

Hi Ady,

I've had the same problem.  I've found an PCCM+ installation guide for installing in a 986/996 and it has this in it:

"On 986 vehicles with antenna amplifier 987.647.105.00, adapter 986.642.573.00 (not included in scope of delivery) must be used."

I've just ordered the part from Eurospares, so hopefully I'll confirm that is works in the next week or so.

15 minutes ago, VladD said:

Hi Ady,

I've had the same problem.  I've found an PCCM+ installation guide for installing in a 986/996 and it has this in it:

"On 986 vehicles with antenna amplifier 987.647.105.00, adapter 986.642.573.00 (not included in scope of delivery) must be used."

I've just ordered the part from Eurospares, so hopefully I'll confirm that is works in the next week or so.

Thanks for the update, if you can let me know how you get on I would be most appreciative as I'm still without a functioning radio.

3 hours ago, AdyG said:

Thanks for the update, if you can let me know how you get on I would be most appreciative as I'm still without a functioning radio.

@VladD, out of interest is yours s uk car? 

Have a great weekend. 

Cheers Ady

Just now, VladD said:

Hi Ady,

Yes UK car.  With Bose, but no PCM.

Mine has SSP, no Bose or PCM. I'm going to take a flier and order a lead as well. Likewise I will update once fitted.

On 5/5/2023 at 2:23 PM, AdyG said:

Mine has SSP, no Bose or PCM. I'm going to take a flier and order a lead as well. Likewise I will update once fitted.

Hi Ady.

I continued with my install and have found that I get FM and DAB reception without the need for the adapter, so I've cancelled my order for the adapter.  The AM signal was poor, but I don't listen to that anyway.

2 hours ago, VladD said:

Hi Ady.

I continued with my install and have found that I get FM and DAB reception without the need for the adapter, so I've cancelled my order for the adapter.  The AM signal was poor, but I don't listen to that anyway.

Hi @VladD

Interesting,  I get 2x FM channels and nothing else. Will test the lead when it arrives.  Glad yours is sorted. Enjoy. Cheers Ady