Insurance renewed on the Cayman today

Davey P

Well, it's that time of year when thoughts turn to renewing my car insurance, and after receiving a renewal from Saga which increased the policy from £258 to £365 (cheeky gits! :lol:) I spent half an hour shopping around on confused.com for a cheaper option. I decided to go with RAC this time, and after tweaking a few options such as reducing the excess to a compulsory £275 with zero voluntary contribution, and a protected NCB, the total cost for the year was £268 (so only a tenner more than last year - Result!).  I'm paying monthly, and after an initial one-off £19.94 deposit it's £22.58 per month, which I think is a decent price.  I could have saved just under 30 quid by paying in one installment, but I prefer to spread the cost over the year. 

I think I will get a £20 Halfords voucher from confused.com as well, so overall I reckon I've done OK :thumbsup_still:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Davey P said:

think I will get a £20 Halfords voucher from confused.com as well, so overall I reckon I've done OK

If you'd gone through Quidco you'd have got £37.40 cashback too (probably in addition to the Halfords voucher). I did one of my current insurances through Money Supermarket via Topcashback and got £150 of discounts in addition to the cashback. I have another insurance through the Meerkats also with cashback. In each case the overall cost was the cheapest I could find.

19 hours ago, Davey P said:

.  I'm paying monthly, and after an initial one-off £19.94 deposit it's £22.58 per month, which I think is a decent price.  I could have saved just under 30 quid by paying in one installment, but I prefer to spread the cost over the year. 

Wow, that is over 10% interest.... you can tell the owners that pay the Indies to change their bulbs ;)

4 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Wow, that is over 10% interest.... you can tell the owners that pay the Indies to change their bulbs ;)

No, I get my butler to pay the Indy, and then reimburse him - Get it right buddy :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1