Decisions, decisions… Looking for selling advice please

drgav2005

I’m currently toying with the idea of selling my Boxster GTS 4.0 - I’m (unfortunately) in need of something a bit more family / dog friendly.

2021 Porsche Boxster GTS 4.0

PDK

First reg 24/07/2021. I’m the second owner. 5500 miles. Porsche warranty until 23/07/2025.

Carmine red exterior + GTS interior pack in Carmine red

PASM with ride height lowered by 10mm

GT sport multifunction and heated wheel

18-way adaptive sports seats with memory package

two zone climate control

smoking package (never smoked in)

BOSE surround sound system with upgraded Burmester tweeters (makes a big difference!)

electrically folding exterior mirrors including courtesy lighting

automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor

ParkAssist (front and rear) + professionally fitted rear view camera

cruise control

Zunsport Grilles

Integrated and hardwired FitCamX dash cam

Fully GTechniq coated 

all weather mats plus OEM GTS mats

35W bi-xenon bulb upgrade which again makes a huge difference over standard lights (included new shunts / wires: OEM parts available)

Spare 18” OEM wheels +  Pirelli SottoZero winter tyres

So that’s the good bit. The bad bit (as you may have seen from previous posts) was the new rear bumper which is currently being fitted by an approved body shop after an old lady drove into my car in a car park. I’m sure the car will be perfect once I collect it and I’ve been informed it was just cosmetic damage.

I’ve looked online and there are very few examples for sale to get a good feel for pricing… Most are well north of £80k with a couple of cars around £73k with more miles, lower spec and potentially not great colour schemes (depending on your tastes).

Obviously WBAC pricing is geared to ‘selling a convertible in the winter’ so I’m looking for feedback from forum members on what this would go for in a private sale. Any sensible suggestions on pricing?

😭I'd buy it if I could afford it 😭 it's lovely ❤️🚗

I'd recommend speaking to Dean Clarke at Stockport OPC. He is their corporate buyer and was lovely no nonsense fella who bought my 718 BS from me.

I've his phone no if you want.

Zero hassle. I actually had the money in my account about 4 days before a fella turned up off the train with a set of trade plates to pick it up!!

You will get about £8k less thsn OPC forecourt price for it though 

Gerry 

• Like 1

On pricing. On the configurator, A new one is around £80k with your spec.

The next owner will be #3 and it's got 5.5k miles on it's.

Yes, a long wait time for a factory order, but realistically, I reckon £75k at an OPC forecourt, so a OPC might give you £68k.

The OPC needs to put it through their workshop. £2k fixed cost iirc, plus warranty cost and then 20% VAT on any margin.

If you get a better deal privately or from trade take it.

I think you will struggle with a  private sale as Not many people have that loose change kicking around and it's a serious hunk of cash to deal with on a  private sale. Do buyers are going to be nervous transferring that wedge to a private seller And there is no finance available.

There are also practical difficulties sending that amount privately due to money laundering and anti fraud rules at banks 

I reckon £70k -£72k as a private sale as the buyer willow want to undercut the OPC retail price to offset the risk of a private sale

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks TopBox!

Thanks Gerry!

Yep, good info. I reckon I’d probably let it go for £72k if I could get that, if not, I’ll just have to keep it - oh the hardship! 😆

Bit of a hit on purchase price last August so we’re back to ‘normal’ service from car deals - the rise in interest rates hasn’t helped, although production on ICE cars in general is still down and will be held back until OEMs can shift their EVs to hit their targets. I don’t expect there will be very many more BGTS4s hitting the market this year or next until they are replaced with the electric versions…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drgav2005 said:

reckon I’d probably let it go for £72k if I could get that, if not, I’ll just have to keep it - oh the hardship! 😆

I think I speak for all of us when I say you have our deepest sympathies :) 

• Haha 1

Car sounds lovely I must admit, have thought about changing our GTS for a 4.0 one but to jump is too much currently so ill wait it out.

What's the deal with the warranty?

As its has multiple modifications/add on's from original wouldn't it void the manufacture warranty? Maybe worth taking it back to fully OEM spec and selling off the other bits. 

Price wise I think £70k private sale is where its at personally 

Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hopz121 said:

What's the deal with the warranty?

He can sell the car with the warranty, it is transferable to the new owner and will save the purchaser paying for the 111 point check.

I would advise selling the winter wheels separately though.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

He can sell the car with the warranty, it is transferable to the new owner and will save the purchaser paying for the 111 point check.

I would advise selling the winter wheels separately though.

Fully aware of this, my question was in regards to the modifications and the warranty 

22 hours ago, drgav2005 said:

I’m currently toying with the idea of selling my Boxster GTS 4.0 - I’m (unfortunately) in need of something a bit more family / dog friendly.

2021 Porsche Boxster GTS 4.0

PDK

First reg 24/07/2021. I’m the second owner. 5500 miles. Porsche warranty until 23/07/2025.

Carmine red exterior + GTS interior pack in Carmine red

PASM with ride height lowered by 10mm

GT sport multifunction and heated wheel

18-way adaptive sports seats with memory package

two zone climate control

smoking package (never smoked in)

BOSE surround sound system with upgraded Burmester tweeters (makes a big difference!)

electrically folding exterior mirrors including courtesy lighting

automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor

ParkAssist (front and rear) + professionally fitted rear view camera

cruise control

Zunsport Grilles

Integrated and hardwired FitCamX dash cam

Fully GTechniq coated 

all weather mats plus OEM GTS mats

35W bi-xenon bulb upgrade which again makes a huge difference over standard lights (included new shunts / wires: OEM parts available)

Spare 18” OEM wheels +  Pirelli SottoZero winter tyres

So that’s the good bit. The bad bit (as you may have seen from previous posts) was the new rear bumper which is currently being fitted by an approved body shop after an old lady drove into my car in a car park. I’m sure the car will be perfect once I collect it and I’ve been informed it was just cosmetic damage.

I’ve looked online and there are very few examples for sale to get a good feel for pricing… Most are well north of £80k with a couple of cars around £73k with more miles, lower spec and potentially not great colour schemes (depending on your tastes).

Obviously WBAC pricing is geared to ‘selling a convertible in the winter’ so I’m looking for feedback from forum members on what this would go for in a private sale. Any sensible suggestions on pricing?

Sent you a private message...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hopz121 said:

Fully aware of this, my question was in regards to the modifications and the warranty 

The lights are bogo standard, ie not motors for moving self adjusting beams (PDLS/PDLS+),  thus nothing can go wrong except cracked lenses (Porsche usually wont warranty these on approved used cars)

The only other modification is some of the speakers, again nothing that would be warrantied should it fail.  And you also assume a tech would notice a different Porsche part number fitted.

A dash cam  - easy to uninstall if you must but would not invalidate a warranty if wired to power correctly.  Even OPC now sell them !

All my modifications on Alice are using genuine parts (just not necessarily for a 981S), except the mesh protecting the rads in the bumper.  The salesman will tell you to remove the mesh before bringing the car in for any work, be it warranty or serving.  Reality is they don't care or don't even notice. And mine went in many times for warranty repairs and I used Revolution for the servicing too.

All depends if you prefer to be talked down to by the staff and accept their condescending manner, or you are willing to point out common sense and hierocracy eg the factory fit mesh on the GT cars as standard....

• Like 1