TPMS, how to display?

cozzykim

Hi folks, I'm wading through all the new stuff on my 981 'S', coming from a much simpler 987.2 2.9.

From the tyre valve stems it appears to have TPMS, but I can't find out how to access this in the dash display.

The menus are seemingly endless, so, if you know how to do this I'd be grateful.

Cheers, Kim

Edited by cozzykim

I don't have a 981 but mine aren't visible on tyre valve stems, it's inside the wheel. 

Otherwise I wonder if there's a handover issue where it's been forgotten.

Or also possible, coded out - if the previous owner didn't want to cough up for new batteries after the old ones expired, and found the warning light irritating.

20 minutes ago, cozzykim said:

Hi folks, I'm wading through all the new stuff on my 981 'S', coming from a much simpler 987.2 2.9.

From the tyre valve stems it appears to have TPMS, but I can't find out how to access this in the dash display.

The menus are seemingly endless, so, if you know how to do this I'd be grateful.

Cheers, Kim

I think it’s the same as mine, right hand dial and scroll through 

No, it was more like any new car type-approved after 1 Nov 2012 had to include TPMS. The 981 was type approved before that so cars built up the end of the 2014 model year (July 2014 build and earlier) had TPMS as an option. For the 2015 model year (August/Sept 2014 onward) it was standard.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Carmine said:

No, it was more like any new car type-approved after 1 Nov 2012 had to include TPMS. The 981 was type approved before that so cars built up the end of the 2014 model year (July 2014 build and earlier) had TPMS as an option. For the 2015 model year (August/Sept 2014 onward) it was standard.

Aha , thank you ! 

The excitement of getting a 981S has made me giddy.

That's my excuse anyway. :blush: 😁

It's got my must haves:

PDK

PSE

DAB

Dual zone air con

Phone connection

Sports steering wheel wiv da proper paddles.

Heated seats

What it hasn't got (that I specifically didn't want):

Sports Chrono, (PADM too expensive if it breaks, and losing my licence at the traffic lights).

What it hasn't got that would have been useful:

Memory seats, ('cos the missus wants to drive it now we have PDK)

A 20% cashback ('cos it was bloomin' expensive with pretty low miles) 😂