Park assist issues

Daibrins

new to 981 ownership having updated from a 987.1.  Car is a 2013 Boxster 2.7 but I have a couple of issues

1.  Car has parking sensors front & rear and says Park Assist in the spec but they don't work, a scan of the car doesn't pick up a PA module.  anyone can tell me where the module should be so I can see if its actually there?  No errors on dash just doesn't work.  The switch in the overhead console doesn't do anything.  Does it need initiating or something if the battery has gone flat in the past?

2. Second thing is every time I start the car I get "Start Stop Deactivated" which then disappears and I'm left with a yellow warning triangle on the right dash.  The switch in centre console seems to work in that it lights up but still does nothing

Great car otherwise

Appreciate any info on the two issues

4 minutes ago, Daibrins said:

thanks for the reply - As far as I know battery is good as been on my CTEK all night.  will just have to see how it goes in the coming weeks. Not bothered about it to be honest just would like to get rid of the annoying yellow triangle

Again if the battery is weak then stop/start won’t engage but the annoying triangle will 🤭

PA module is under your passenger seat, by coincidence it's also where the 981 drains overflow when they are blocked. You might want to check that asap in case you have water down there before it takes over the BCM that sits next to it.

14 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Again if the battery is weak then stop/start won’t engage but the annoying triangle will 🤭

this

14 minutes ago, daz05 said:

PA module is under your passenger seat, by coincidence it's also where the 981 drains overflow when they are blocked. You might want to check that asap in case you have water down there before it takes over the BCM that sits next to it.

I had this issue when my drains blocked and I had 2 inches of water lapping the control box under the passenger seat...........fortunately it all cleared up once it was dried out 

1 hour ago, Daibrins said:

thanks for the info - I'll take a look tomorrow so is that directly under the seat or under the carpet under the seat?

Under carpet, seat needs to come out to gain access to module.

I second Stuart's comments.

Hand brake goes first, then parking sensors, then power steering becomes very intermittent , then dashboard starts shutting off.  Can't comment on strt stop as I have already programmed mine to a different setting to UK standard.

You may need to cut the carpet along a perforated line to gain full access to the body ecu and it's easier to remove the passenger seat first.

Mine to dried out (twice) without any issues except the amount of time a dehumidifier takes to remove all the water from the carpet foam etc.

Update on the 2 issues  -  had a look under passenger seat and found everything dry but found evidence of previous water ingress - supported by an invoice from previous owner detailing serious water ingress but only detailed on drivers side, replacement amplifier required. Maybe some moisture got to the passenger side?  anyway found green mold stuff on the pins of the Park Assist module which must have blown it.  Bought a second hand one connected up and both, park assist & start/stop all fixed, well chuffed  Checked BCM and that was all good.

Didn't take the seat out it is possible to unbolt it and tip the base backwards which gives you more than enough room to remove the unit

• Like 3

glad you got it sorted, and for not too much ££

best get them side skirts off and clean out the drains - for that full piece of mind preventative maintenance feeling.

I've also stuck one of those  "car condensation absorber" bags in the hole as a "it can't hurt"

2 hours ago, Patt said:

best get them side skirts off and clean out the drains - for that full piece of mind preventative maintenance feeling.

that's on my list of things to do

this was the state of the module when I opened it up - no wonder it didn't work

DSCF5620.jpeg

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

I got it from eBay - I think I was lucky as as you say there are none listed now - an alternative could be to google the part number and see what comes up maybe the vw one would be suitable.

I have since taken off both side panels to check the drains.  I found the 2 small ones one each side clear with no end or rubber flap on them - somebody must have been in there before.  The large drain on both sides were as factory but were blocked so I cleaned them out and left the end and rubber flap off so they should be good from now on

Porsche drains.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tcs17_tim said:

Where did you get the second hand module, just had a quick look in eBay, no Porsche on there but the VW unit looks suspiciously similar.....

No won't work has to be the Porsche one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1