Sport Chrono clock reflection

JurassicBGTS

Still not 100% convinced on the round dash vents on the 718 vs the smaller more streamlined 981 vents, but what I don't like is the reflection that the newly positioned Chrono clock gives in the windscreen. It's much further back and really reflects on the screen, why have they moved it so far back?

9 hours ago, JurassicBGTS said:

Still not 100% convinced on the round dash vents on the 718 vs the smaller more streamlined 981 vents, but what I don't like is the reflection that the newly positioned Chrono clock gives in the windscreen. It's much further back and really reflects on the screen, why have they moved it so far back?

Looks soo much better set back IMO, I have never noticed about reflections to be honest ill look harder next time i go out in it.

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

On your 718 4.0?

And the BoXa award for First World Problems goes to…

:D 

We should  set up some categories vote at the end of the year and publish the winners with the calendar. The centre arm rest storage on the 981 is to shallow to contain my beautifully curved and colour coded Oakley sun glasses it's soooooo annoying. 😊

Topbox, when we had Gatorade as a member briefly (remember her?) she complained and then commented she'd found an elasticated storage net that clipped between the seats across the bulkhead. I bought one and it is primarily used for storing my (curved) Oakleys as the torpedo case is too big for the other storage areas. Yes it unclips itself occasionally but it's generally great.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Topbox said:

We should  set up some categories vote at the end of the year and publish the winners with the calendar. The centre arm rest storage on the 981 is to shallow to contain my beautifully curved and colour coded Oakley sun glasses it's soooooo annoying. 😊

Use the side door pocket?

3 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

On your 718 4.0?

And the BoXa award for First World Problems goes to… 

I was thinking exactly the same thing... 😂

1 hour ago, Topbox said:

The centre arm rest storage on the 981 is too shallow to contain my beautifully curved and colour coded Oakley sun glasses it's soooooo annoying. 😊

I'm not sure if Boxsters are the same, but in my Cayman 981 there is a large compartment on the passenger's side. I think it's called a "glovebox" but it can be used for sunglasses and other items as well. Might be worth a try anyway. You're welcome mate 👍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davey P said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing... 😂

I'm not sure if Boxsters are the same, but in my Cayman 981 there is a large compartment on the passenger's side. I think it's called a "glovebox" but it can be used for sunglasses and other items as well. Might be worth a try anyway. You're welcome mate 👍

Some radical thinking there🤔

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Topbox, when we had Gatorade as a member briefly (remember her?) she complained and then commented she'd found an elasticated storage net that clipped between the seats across the bulkhead. I bought one and it is primarily used for storing my (curved) Oakleys as the torpedo case is too big for the other storage areas. Yes it unclips itself occasionally but it's generally great.

What does it clip to @Menoporsche? Any pictures?

Think of it as a rectangle of stretchy mesh, typical mesh pocket stuff, with an elasticated strap (thin parachute cord?) and hook at each corner. Very vaguely a foot by six inches, maybe 8x4in.  I clipped the bottom two hooks under each seat, and the top two on the hooks you pull up to tilt the seat back forward. The main problem is those upper hooks (in the 987) are only held on by friction, very little friction, and as the elastic pulls partly to the centre it therefore pulls the hook off its mount. Maybe I could experiment with a low adhesion glue of some sort, but for 10 years CBA.  

I don't even know if it's still made and I can't remember where I got it.  Perhaps someone could search around ebay for "elasticated car pocket" or similar?

Sorry JurassicBGTS, I don't know if you can strap it over the chrono clock :D 

Edited by Menoporsche
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Topbox said:

Must agree just too shallow it gets vote

• Haha 1