Commute mpg

mr.tourette23

8 minutes ago, Davey P said:

BAN HIM!!! 😂

Out of curiosity what consumption does the butler get for you?

I'm hoping the 26 mpg in my 986S is a bit more acceptable

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Out of curiosity what consumption does the butler get for you?

I'm hoping the 26 mpg in my 986S is a bit more acceptable

I just checked, and mine is showing 34.8 mpg on the display, which probably means I drive like a girl...   Or maybe the superior aerodynamics of the Cayman makes it more efficient than a Boxster.  Yes, that's it, the superior aerodynamics must be the correct answer 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I just checked, and mine is showing 34.8 mpg on the display, which probably means I drive like a girl...   Or maybe the superior aerodynamics of the Cayman makes it more efficient than a Boxster.  Yes, that's it, the superior aerodynamics must be the correct answer 😂

Those pigtails of yours must affect the aerodynamics or do they enhance performance ? 

Just now, iborguk said:

Those pigtails of yours must affect the aerodynamics or do they enhance performance ? 

Nah, they are locked away inside clear of the airflow.

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2023 at 5:36 PM, Davey P said:

I can report that your old Boxster has dropped from displaying 29.5 to 25.8mpg so aerodynamics is possibly not the correct answer.😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Codfanglers said:

I can report that your old Boxster has dropped from displaying 29.5 to 25.8mpg so aerodynamics is possibly not the correct answer.😜

Nice one mate, you're obviously driving it a bit harder than I did ☺️

17 hours ago, Davey P said:

Nice one mate, you're obviously driving it a bit harder than I did ☺️

You did mention you drive like a girl on more than on occasion IIRC.

I can't get a MPG readout on the trip screen - does this need to be selected on the main head unit, as I can't seem to do it using the stalk? I have a Kenwood aftermarket screen so can't access any of the car menus on there (I don't think!). 

Edited by Madlil

2 minutes ago, Madlil said:

I can't get a MPG readout on the trip screen - does this need to be selected on the main head unit, as I can't seem to do it using the stalk? I have a Kenwood aftermarket screen so can't access any of the car menus on there (I don't think!). 

Yes I suspect you lost the integration on some display features with an aftermarket head unit installed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Yes I suspect you lost the integration on some display features with an aftermarket head unit installed.

I can still see MPG in the info section using the stalk so not a major issue. I also don't want to really worry about MPG, not what I bought the car for, but can understand why some might monitor it especially if it is a daily driver. The 981 is pretty frugal with the coasting mode....

4 minutes ago, Madlil said:

I can still see MPG in the info section using the stalk so not a major issue. I also don't want to really worry about MPG, not what I bought the car for, but can understand why some might monitor it especially if it is a daily driver. The 981 is pretty frugal with the coasting mode....

Yup agree mpg is not a priority in my car, not what it’s about.

• Like 2