PDK and auto hold

moonshine

Does it actually work?

On my auto X3m40d and I'm sure on my old pdk 718, when coming to a stop at a set of traffic lights, I can / could give the brake pedal a hard push and the auto hold function would trigger. 

I could take my foot of the footbrake and rest it, needing to press the  gas when the lights change to pull away.

My PDK 981s  has an auto hold light on the dash that illuminates on turning the key through ACC position on startup, but it never engage on the flat when diving in town. Ive always got to keep the footbrake pressed to hold the car back at lights.

Normal? Or not working correctly? 

I'm aware its may work on a  hill, (I will try it when I remember!) button I'm specifically talking a but being able to take foot off footbrake at lights 

Edited by moonshine

7 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Does it actually work?

On my auto X3m40d and I'm sure on my old pdk 718, when coming to a stop at a set of traffic lights, I can / could give the brake pedal a hard push and the auto hold function would trigger. 

I could take my foot of the footbrake and rest it, needing to press the  gas when the lights change to pull away.

My PDK 981s  has an auto hold light on the dash that illuminates on turning the key through ACC position on startup, but it never engage on the flat when diving in town. Ive always got to keep the footbrake pressed to hold the car back at lights.

Normal? Or not working correctly? 

I'm aware its may work on a  hill, ( will tryptophan it when I remember!) button I'm specifically talking a but being able to take foot off footbrake at lights 

IIRC Auto Hold only engages on an incline not on the flat 👍

• Thanks 1

• moonshine changed the title to PDK and auto hold

Or swap out the sensor for a 718 sensor?

I'm suspecting it's not that simple, the 981 would just work with an accelerometer, the 718 would probably need separate input to check the car has stopped moving on the flat.

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

Or swap out the sensor for a 718 sensor?

I'm suspecting it's not that simple, the 981 would just work with an accelerometer, the 718 would probably need separate input to check the car has stopped moving on the flat.

Surely it'll be an angle sensor?

27 minutes ago, Patt said:

I do recall recall reading that the auto hold turns off if the car thinks it's too cold

Is that not the auto start stop function? - that is unrelated to the auto hold function ;) 

I've disabled my auto start stop.

I'm sure there are many functions that disable when it gets cold, I can't remember them off the top of my head; hill start and AC is another