Cheap iCarsoft POR V2.0?

Gramps

Guys, for your info if interested. iCarsoft POR V2.0 for £84 delivered. Used but in v.good condition. I've already got one or I'd have it for myself, but be quick.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185941295776?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11021.m43.l1120&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=0d639761a306419dae23a0c7a0c3c919&bu=43085758450&ut=RU&exe=0&ext=0&osub=-1~1&crd=20230615031230&segname=11021

• Thanks 1

erm... ive kinda bought it thanks to your heads up as ive been looking for one for a while. :D 

So spending more monies on the car again but at least i can get my monies back on this if i sell it again. :D 

23 minutes ago, fizz said:

erm... ive kinda bought it thanks to your heads up as ive been looking for one for a while. :D 

So spending more monies on the car again but at least i can get my monies back on this if i sell it again. :D 

Glad you got in there 1st, they don't hang around long at that price, and like you say you can flog it for the same later. Win Win 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gramps said:

Glad you got in there 1st, they don't hang around long at that price, and like you say you can flog it for the same later. Win Win 👍

Gotta love this forum to help spend other peoples monies! :D 

• Haha 1

Great result £10 less than a new V1 👍

It is so much less painful and more fun spending everyone else's money particularly when you've spent a chunk of you own on similar things in the past.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, P27GLN said:

How would you compare this to the ThinkDiag dongle and app version?

The iCarsoft POR V2.0 is a Porsche focused tool which can allow certain coding options to the car (model dependent).

There are also generic variants of the iCarsoft V2.0 tool which can support multiple vehicle types , again with specific "write" as well as code reading options

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iCarsoft-Diagnostic-Multi-Brand-Vehicles-Vehicle/dp/B07KR4KR4Z/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1B2YI5NU2ZKIM&keywords=icarsoft&qid=1687011124&sprefix=icarsoft%2Caps%2C138&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

So if it were my money I'd go with the iCarsoft.

Edited by iborguk
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, iborguk said:

The iCarsoft POR V2.0 is a Porsche focused tool which can allow certain coding options to the car (model dependent).

There are also generic variants of the iCarsoft V2.0 tool which can support multiple vehicle types , again with specific "write" as well as code reading options

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iCarsoft-Diagnostic-Multi-Brand-Vehicles-Vehicle/dp/B07KR4KR4Z/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1B2YI5NU2ZKIM&keywords=icarsoft&qid=1687011124&sprefix=icarsoft%2Caps%2C138&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

So if it were my money I'd go with the iCarsoft.

Thanks

In the same "ballpark" is the Foxwell NT 530 - that gets good writeups - I have an icorsoft cr pro ( think "multi brand" version of the POR V2 unit) - I have used it on a variety of cars ( ford, fiat, bmw, peugeot, nissan) - it's "ok" - have found it a bit lacking in some service functions ( on the ford, fiat and the nissan ) but otherwise has been useful - I have the PIWIS setup for the Porsche - so haven't used it in anger on there.

If I was buying again, I would see what foxwell have before diving straight to the icarsoft unit.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 6:10 PM, ½cwt said:

Great result £10 less than a new V1 👍

It is so much less painful and more fun spending everyone else's money particularly when you've spent a chunk of you own on similar things in the past.

Sounds like there'e some pain in there ???

13 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

I have a V3 but can't tell you what advantages it has over the V2.

I have used it so far to calibrate the electronic handbrake after changing the rear discs on my 981 and also bleed the ABS

The technical department at iCarsoft wouldn't tell me whether the V2 would cycle the ABS on a 986, they just kept asking for a VIN and didn't reply when I gave them one.  This was the main reason I didn't trade up to a V2.0.  That said I changed all my brake lines down stream from the ABS pump and as I'd wedged the brake pedal in the down position, sealing off the piston int eh master cylinder and it all bled through in the traditional way leaving a very good firm pedal so didn't need to cycle the ABS anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fizz said:

Can you download other manufacturers into the device? 

Not tried or asked.  There is a multi manufacturer version available.

Only other brands I'd want is VAG and I have VCDS with a Ross Tech lead.  Must check some time if it covers newer Porsches.

Edited by ½cwt