Does anyone know this dealer or car ?

M4can5

I just saw this car on Autotrader that looks too good to be true, the spec, 1 owner, FPSH, good mileage and price ... BUT no pictures, does anyone know this dealer or car ?

Apologies to the Moderators, .. please remove if not allowed to add links. 

https://www.shocars.co.uk/used-cars/porsche-boxster-2-7-981-pdk-euro-5-ss-2dr-oldbury-202306218771486

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202306218771486?sort=most-recent&advertising-location=at_cars&aggregatedTrim=981&make=Porsche&model=Boxster&page=2&postcode=nr10 3ay&price-from=17000&price-to=35000&seller-type=trade&transmission=Automatic&year-from=2009&year-to=2023&fromsra  

Thanks

JohnC

What's being hidden?  If I had £30k I wouldn't be making an appointment on a vehicle I can't even make and initial assessment on with at least 20 pics or so.  Perhaps I'm not modern enough.  Caveat Emptor.

14 hours ago, Dubdubz said:

did you call and ask for more pics? It may have just come in perhaps and its being detailed and photographed?

I called, ..  the photos will be available later today.  

PS

No bi-xenons and no DAB. 

49 minutes ago, Madlil said:

It does look like a cracking car with low miles and only1 owner, but it doesn’t have nav, cruise control, chrono, pse etc. Also I would want PASM on 20” wheels. 
So a nice car but not a bargain to me. 

The sales guy was very friendly, ... he confirmed no DAB or bi-xenons, ...  also the ad says Sports seats but (even as a non expert) I don't think they are.? ...  and it says sports exhaust but shouldn't there be a button in the centre console for them ?

1 hour ago, M4can5 said:

and it says sports exhaust but shouldn't there be a button in the centre console for them ?

Yes, it has no button so doesn't have the porsche sports exhaust, easy to check on the rear if you look under and don't see the valves. Looks like it has the sports exhaust tips though, which I think was an option instead of having the oval single standard pipe. 

Edit: It does say sports tailpipe in the ad too

Edited by CMA

9 hours ago, M4can5 said:

, ...  also the ad says Sports seats but (even as a non expert) I don't think they are.? ... 

Sports seats are the basic seating option (without the shoulder wings)

They come in 2 way or 14 way adjustable form.

Sports Seats Plus are the deeper seats with shoulder wings and come in 2 way or 18 way adjustable form.

My personal preference is For Sports Seats Plus . (My former 718BS had standard sports seats and I really didn't like them 

Thanks Moonshine, is the description Sports seats and Sports seats Plus just related to the 981 ?  ...  in another thread Paul P (of this parish 🙂 ) kindly helped me with a similar query on another thread related to 986/987. 

Sports seats have the little "loop" over the belt - like these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225500759953?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=Cj0KCQjw1_SkBhDwARIsANbGpFuswvF-6x7tLIsmd7M8Kd9r6DWoDOnqWnbjgOmjALynEmmVp_XK7lcaAtA7EALw_wcB

Comfort dont - like these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224034437626?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=Cj0KCQjw1_SkBhDwARIsANbGpFt3g9y2Q8Ap3qM6hjwBGtV9Ee-khjZ5j0VaEbFqAdd8ad-DUmydOXYaAiG0EALw_wcB

JohnC

50 minutes ago, M4can5 said:

Thanks Moonshine, is the description Sports seats and Sports seats Plus just related to the 981 ?  ...  in another thread Paul P (of this parish 🙂 ) kindly helped me with a similar query on another thread related to 986/987. 

Sports seats have the little "loop" over the belt - like these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225500759953?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=Cj0KCQjw1_SkBhDwARIsANbGpFuswvF-6x7tLIsmd7M8Kd9r6DWoDOnqWnbjgOmjALynEmmVp_XK7lcaAtA7EALw_wcB

Comfort dont - like these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224034437626?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=Cj0KCQjw1_SkBhDwARIsANbGpFt3g9y2Q8Ap3qM6hjwBGtV9Ee-khjZ5j0VaEbFqAdd8ad-DUmydOXYaAiG0EALw_wcB

JohnC

I think the terms sports seats and sports Seats Plus carries over to 719 and 911

The upper one of your links would seem to be similar to Sports Seats Plus, the lower "comfort" ones similar to "Sports Seats"

Glad you posted it actually, has given me an extra nudge to advertise mine.  Couldn’t decide where but looks like autotrader might  be the best bet, mine is less miles, much better spec, and will have a better warranty - for less money, so should compare well against the competition maybe.

I didn’t realise Pistonheads charge for ads now, didn’t have to pay before but it’s been a few years ago I guess…

3 hours ago, moospeed said:

Glad you posted it actually, has given me an extra nudge to advertise mine.  Couldn’t decide where but looks like autotrader might  be the best bet, mine is less miles, much better spec, and will have a better warranty - for less money, so should compare well against the competition maybe.

I didn’t realise Pistonheads charge for ads now, didn’t have to pay before but it’s been a few years ago I guess…

Here first 🙂 sounds a good car 🏁

4 hours ago, moospeed said:

What are you getting to replace it? Just being nosy.......... :)

4 hours ago, moospeed said:

didn’t realise Pistonheads charge for ads now, didn’t have to pay before but it’s been a few years ago I guess…

Not so. I put my 996 on there today and any member with 10 years or more history gets free ads. When PetrolTed sold it to Haymarket I was the wrong side of the cut for free ads but not now!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TV8 said:

Not so. I put my 996 on there today and any member with 10 years or more history gets free ads. When PetrolTed sold it to Haymarket I was the wrong side of the cut for free ads but not now!  

Ah cool… in which case I should still qualify, was basing it on what I’d been told rather than actually trying it out. Will check it out when I’ve got some pics and write-up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, andygo said:

What are you getting to replace it? Just being nosy.......... :)

That’s been the trickiest question yet, it’s exceeded expectations and I really can’t find anything within the budget I’d intended spending (my car + £10k) that I’d even do a straight swap for. Needless to say there’s been very significant budget creep on the searches to find something worthwhile.

No logical reason to sell other than wanting to try something else. I have a three year cycle generally so it’s that time…

3 hours ago, moospeed said:

That’s been the trickiest question yet, it’s exceeded expectations and I really can’t find anything within the budget I’d intended spending (my car + £10k) that I’d even do a straight swap for. Needless to say there’s been very significant budget creep on the searches to find something worthwhile.

No logical reason to sell other than wanting to try something else. I have a three year cycle generally so it’s that time…

I used to have itchy feet after 2 to 3 years, then I bought a Boxster.  However I must confess after nearly 5 years a thought did go through my mind recently of something else but then I realised I wouldn't also have the Boxster.

7 hours ago, ½cwt said:

I used to have itchy feet after 2 to 3 years, then I bought a Boxster.  However I must confess after nearly 5 years a thought did go through my mind recently of something else but then I realised I wouldn't also have the Boxster.

The only thing that would tickle my fancy now would be a GTS 4.0 PDK. There was a gorgeous muted red with grey interior one in NI when I was looking for my 981S.

I got stern looks from the missus every time I opened the ad (about 100 times). 

• Haha 1

The issue with upgrading to a 4.0 GTS is the £20k price hike from a 981 GTS. I paid £52k for my low mileage 981 GTS CAyman a year ago and much as would love a 4.0l version, it's a struggle to justify. I guess I'll just have to earn more $$$$ instead of beind a peasant!  :)