Cruise coding before 26th July ?

Dubdubz

Thought I'd start a quick separate thread...

Going to Scotland on 27th - and wanted cruise working and showing the green light.

Tried TWG - can't do it, tried Dovehouse and they can but not before mid August - @Paul P is an option but I wonder if there is anyone closer. Happy to pay of course and travel to you...might need to be a late afternoon so I can finish work>

I'm in Peterborough. Yes I left it way too late... 🙂 

Thanks

44 minutes ago, Dubdubz said:

Going to Scotland on 27th - and wanted cruise working and showing the green light.

Tried TWG - can't do it, tried Dovehouse and they can but not before mid August - @Paul P is an option but I wonder if there is anyone closer. Happy to pay of course and travel to you...might need to be a late afternoon so I can finish work>

Thanks

@Richard Hamilton is in Maidenhead. Check the sticky post at the top of the Technical section.

47 minutes ago, Dubdubz said:

Thanks

Did you say coding only not an install? It should only take 15mins whilst you wait, it's not a whole day job.

28 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Did you say coding only not an install? It should only take 15mins whilst you wait, it's not a whole day job.

Yes just the instrument cluster bit and perhaps do/check the rest in Piwis and not my half ar*e foxwell coding…

Well I had the absolute privilege of meeting Mr Hamilton in person who very kindly and expertly coded the cruise. 

And then helped enormously by coding out my CD-R as I’ve replaced it with a modern pioneer.  So my cluster is now looking better too…and no codes!

@Richard Hamilton thank you so very much for letting me pitch up on your drive and disturb your early evening. 
Absolute Legend. 

never has a little green light made someone so happy….

Cruise makes the 987.1 really nice on the motorways, wish I had done it sooner. 

plus I was getting 36mpg so it was 4hrs and 200miles well spent. 😊😊

• Like 4

I had an order in with Rose and my OPC for 12 months with nothing turning up on either of those - so I was looking at US ebay and getting it shipped - its a bit of a risk as its 2nd hand and you can get stung for tax if the sender is too honest 😉 

I tend to get it shipped free in states to my pal and then he sends on to me ensuring that it doesnt mention its a $200 part and is for a porsche...