Porsche Classic Membership

Everywhen

My membership turned up today, it only took 8 months.

A somewhat shoulder sagging event though, it comprised of a very fancy box, a membership card and a small booklet with membership details, all of which are already on the website.

Hoping the magazine and the numberplate holders are to follow. In another 8 months.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Everywhen said:

My membership turned up today, it only took 8 months.

A somewhat shoulder sagging event though, it comprised of a very fancy box, a membership card and a small booklet with membership details, all of which are already on the website.

Hoping the magazine and the numberplate holders are to follow. In another 8 months.

You have to go to your OPC to collect the plate holders, make sure they know you are coming....  Magazine is a once a year event so don't hold you breath!

• Haha 1

I was quite happy with the 250 quid off the service quite and 15% off parts (which my local opc seems to apply irrespective of them fitting them or just selling them to me)

I have yet to pick up the number plate surrounds.  Doubt they will ever go on the car.  

got something for nothing. 

I am ok with that.  

You should also get a key ring and grill badge from them.

And a couple of free washes a year.

Ask if they have any back issues of the Porsche Classic Originale. More of a soft back than a mag. I managed to get 03 04 05 & 06. 😉🤙🏻

22 hours ago, ½cwt said:

You have to go to your OPC to collect the plate holders, make sure they know you are coming....  Magazine is a once a year event so don't hold you breath!

I asked at my OPC when I was there earlier this week about the numberplate holders and they said they had never supplied them and it “all comes from Porsche direct sir, we only do the registration”.

I like the thought of them having to wash and vacuum my old snotter in amongst the new cars they have 😀

While I was there they entered the car details into their Service system, I was told “I’ve never seen this before sir, but your car has never been to an official Porsche dealer for service or work in its 23yrs”. I thought this was BS but I’m unable to corroborate it as I don’t have much paperwork, I’ve got the original purchase invoice from HR Owen, then nothing until some invoices for work at various indies from around 2017 - 2019. 

• Confused 1

I registered for this last week and don’t have a clue what happens next. I did think that you do not get the number plate holders any more and actually bought one at Goodwood yesterday for £10 to use on the rear of the car when/if I put my private plate on my 986. Hopefully, I will have a spare! 
one thing I did notice reading this thread is that Porsche previously charged for this scheme, which might explain why the application form mentions 2 years free membership?

I registered for this back in March (from memory, it was that long ago!) & still haven’t received anything.

Frustrating thing is that I recommended it to a work colleague, who registered the same way as I did with OPC Bristol on the same day & he received his pack 2 months ago. I’ve chased OPC who have been particularly unhelpful.

I think Porsche have scored an own goal with this, the whole membership pack thing has been scaled back since the launch - apparently now only one number plate surround, not two & you have to go to OPC to collect, whereas originally these were being posted out. Enamel badge apparently no longer available & I’ve read on other forums that the magazine fails to turn up.

Personally I think it is a big shower of shyatee! 

11 hours ago, McDonald said:

No one would fit the surround at the front, it would look terrible. I've only fitted one of the two supplied.

I have fitted one on the front. Small stainless bolts in each corner of the plinth to the plate holder. Makes it curve the same as the plinth. 😉

T

Edited by Fat Rat
  • Like 1

Update: I heard from my OPC today, the number plate holders and “other items” will be ready for me to collect this Thursday.

I was told the long delay was due to Porsche GB being overwhelmed with demand, they hadn’t anticipated the number of eligible cars. I was also told that the reason for the Classic register is to get these cars back to the dealer network, not to get work, but to check the cars to see their condition first hand and then this is fed back to Porsche so it can be used to make future cars better. This is the reason for the Free health check offered. My car is going for this next Friday, it’s basically going to be several sheets of paper detailing all the non-Porsche parts my car has. I’m also going to ask for the wash & vacuum and the nitrogen tyre fill.

Just about given up. Registered at Bournemouth months ago and had an e mail advising several weeks wait. Attempted to chase in early August only to find none of the e mail addresses supplied work! Eventually found out that some e mail I should have received re data protection/GDPR hadn't reached me because they misrecorded my e mail address. Since I hadn't replied my membership application had been put on hold! Rectified that but still waiting a month later. Bl**dy hopeless!

1 minute ago, red rocket said:

Just about given up. Registered at Bournemouth months ago and had an e mail advising several weeks wait. Attempted to chase in early August only to find none of the e mail addresses supplied work! Eventually found out that some e mail I should have received re data protection/GDPR hadn't reached me because they misrecorded my e mail address. Since I hadn't replied my membership application had been put on hold! Rectified that but still waiting a month later. Bl**dy hopeless!

It does take time (not allowing for administrative incompetence) to get the pack as you get a personalised membership card with your name, the registering dealer and the chassis number on it and Originale is only published once a year so you get the next available edition.