Betty had a respray

Gutley

Whilst Betty always looks good from a distance, recently she has started to look a bit gnarly up close at the front. The main causes were:

1. A few years back, whilst trying to remove some squashed flies from the bumper, I lingered too long with the jet wash and stripped off a section of the clear coat.

2. A couple of years back I had a very low speed ding that caused the bumper to flex. This in turn caused the paint and clear coat to crack and over time these cracks have become more prominent, and in doing so, once water started to get amongst the paint, turned it slightly green (i.e more Miami Blue than Riviera))

3. Over the last couple of years, the clear coat on the nearside front wing has been crazing and had spread about 50% along the wing.

So last week, I finally decided to get everything sorted and get the bumper and wing resprayed. After a recommendation from @Araf, it went of to Wrights bodyshop in Strood, Kent.

A week later it was all done and looking spectacular.

So here a a bunch of photos from before:

IMG_6281

IMG_6280

IMG_6279

IMG_6278

IMG_6282

IMG_6283

IMG_4934

And here it is after:

IMG_6300

(As is often the case, the shading in the photo doesn't quite do justice to the colour match, which in real life looks an exact match)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, nelmo said:

I need my rear wings done at some point - can I ask how much that cost?

£1.3k, but that also included redoing the black decal along the passenger door. 

• Thanks 1