Dashboard lights don’t turn off? Ever?

kdh

See my recent post of the last few minutes, and you will see what I am up against! I did not know this guy, he seemed like a genuine middle-aged guy that was probably as technical as a toothbrush, but that is no excuse for hiding faults.

2 minutes ago, phazed said:

and hopeSee my recent post of the last few minutes, and you will see what I am up against! I did not know this guy, he seemed like a genuine middle-aged guy that was probably as technical as a toothbrush, but that is no excuse for hiding faults.

With respect but have you always been completely honest about every fault on the cars you've sold? I guess you're going to tell me you have but you're in a very small minority - I have never had anyone proactively tell me about issues on a car - they've either confessed after I asked about something obvious or I found it x days later after I bought the damn thing 😉. I just expect the worst and hope it's not too serious...

51 minutes ago, phazed said:

New switch fitted. Dashboard lights all go out as they should but a lot of other problems not solved.

About half an hour including organising tools and packing up IIRC.  You have definitely eliminated a possible cause of other faults too rather than soldering along with the old switch that could have been contributing.

2 hours ago, phazed said:

Always. always been honest. Easy as I keep my cars in pretty much perfect condition...Even my 22 year old Rangie.

Me too and stupidly enough I expect other people to be too.

Bought our FSH Clio from a well-heeled lady in Tunbridge Wells, nice road, nice house, nice everything. Two weeks later the gearbox failed with a fault that the autobox garage said had been going on for a while.

Bought our Fiat 500 from a nice couple in Wimbledon, full history, low mileage etc. One week later it kept jumping out of gear.

Reaction from both sellers 'it's never done that before. Sorry.'

I still won't do it to anyone else though.

Edited by kdh

8 minutes ago, McDonald said:

Get well soon.  There's no good time for illness but better now than Christmas, I think.

Yep , better now in the cold and damp than when there are outstanding jobs on the Boxster!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdh said:

Has anyone fitted this one to a facelift Boxster S?

Amazon say it won’t fit.

For '04 the part number changed from 4A0 905 849 B to 4B0 905 849.  Both are VAG parts so should be available fairly cheaply.

• Thanks 1