Torque Porsche - 986 Replacement of top mounts

S14

14 minutes ago, TV8 said:

Hi Paul, it’s not 911Box. It’s was these people https://www.tollgatetyres.com.  They have a reasonable reputation, have been their a while and owner seemed a decent bloke who owns a 911 and won’t let anyone touch a Porsche if he is not in. I chased a couple of times but he didn’t get the quote for the parts I wanted. 
Are you going to either of the Tipec things this weekend?

Ah.  My mistake.  Did assume it was 911box - who do have some nice cars for sale and I know someone who has had a car from them and was happy with it.  

i am busy on Saturday but planning on going to the Dog House on Sunday.  

I go to my local village garage which is equipped with a good quality 4 wheel laser set up. Happy, friendly place. They are happy for me to sit in on the task in hand and offer my tuppence worth!

28 minutes ago, phazed said:

I go to my local village garage which is equipped with a good quality 4 wheel laser set up. Happy, friendly place. They are happy for me to sit in on the task in hand and offer my tuppence worth!

Similar to the experience I get at my local KF.  We got the rear toe sorted by slightly backing off on camber last time out, all symmetrical and in the green once done.  They vary from site to site so can only go on my experience but possibly helps when I'm responsible for 4 vehicles that use them regularly throughout the year and the have a very amenable MOT tester, he even noticed The Better ½'s different car despite it still being a Mk 6 Golf Cabrio.  Possibly they like having a more unusual car in the Boxster coming in from time to time, not just the usual fleet vehicles and family daily boxes.