Parasitic drain test

Harry j

I’ve got a1997 2.5 boxter, got a large drain on the battery I’ve had my multimeter connected up at its drawing 0.26 then every 30 seconds it shoots up to 0.950, pulled all the fuses and disconnected bulbs radios etc any idea what else could be causing the problem 

Alarm siren has a battery backup.  That dies over time and then tries to charge itself from main battery.  Often results in alarm sounding because main battery goes low because of the backup.  

next to the battery to the right as you look at it.  And it you take it off don’t be fooled into thinking it has got water on it.  The tilt mechanism in it is liquid.  

I stripped an old phone kit and tracker system out of mine to help eliminate the chance of drain when I was doing a lot of electrical work retro fitting cruise control.  Some of these car's looms will have had similar gear fitted at one time or another and some of those installations will have been better than others.

Hope the info and method I've sent you help @Harry j.