Trim rattles and fixes ?

Dubdubz

Hi I did a quick search and didn’t find anything recent. 

I’m absolutely loving the 981, the noise, the handling, the comfort. 

But

I’m having some trim squeaks, rattles and pops. The main ones seem to be coming from the area around the rollover hoops?

the dash clock cluster area also seems like it wants to make a crack/creak sound every now and then. 

so I thought we could have a thread where people have had a rattle or noise interior trim wise and the fix or suggestions?

I was going to pull the covers off the roll over parts and pop grease on the fixing tabs and perhaps some fabric tape (wiring loom stuff) on any bits that look like they are rubbing. 

thanks in advance

First suggestion would be get a passenger to help confirm/identify where a given noise is coming from.

Also noises aren’t always coming from where you expect them to be from. They can bounce around the cabin.

19 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Passenger seatbelt buckle when not in use and not positioned high enough up the seat is a favourite one, hits the seats and makes an annoying noise.

Thanks - I have heard this one but both seats were occupied. 

It’s more expansion crackles/creaks I guess. 
looks like rain again so may have to have a look tomorrow 

Just been for a quick blast around in mine as it sunny here and no creaks or rattles in mine and I recently had the dashboard in bits😂

Are the noises more when the roof is up or down. I would have a look at the roll bar covers,check the wind deflector is seated properly and pop the bonnet check the plastic trim that covers the battery is all clipped in.

2 hours ago, iborguk said:

Passenger seatbelt buckle when not in use and not positioned high enough up the seat is a favourite one, hits the seats and makes an annoying noise.

Solved, by “parking” the buckle into the aperture from which the belt exits :)

16 minutes ago, boxtastic said:

Solved, by “parking” the buckle into the aperture from which the belt exits :)

I keep mine high enough with the plastic adjuster on the seatbelt, just slide it up high enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Just been for a quick blast around in mine as it sunny here and no creaks or rattles in mine and I recently had the dashboard in bits😂

Are the noises more when the roof is up or down. I would have a look at the roll bar covers,check the wind deflector is seated properly and pop the bonnet check the plastic trim that covers the battery is all clipped in.

More when roof is up, and yes it’s down a lot but can’t always be so. 
there’s a creak/pop in the roof I think above the roll bar, they also seem to be creaky. I’ll maybe do a video see if it picks it up. 

6 hours ago, iborguk said:

There's a 981 for sale currently (on AT I think) and pics show very clearly that the side of the passenger seat has been very badly scuffed by the seat belt buckle.

I've noticed the battery cover is rattling under the frunk - it's really annoying as replicates as coffin arms shot.

Time to get out the tesa tape.